Vice President, Institutional Sales
Los Angeles, California
Finance – Capital Markets
Currency is dedicated to disrupting e-commerce by designing financial technology that unlocks the free flow of capital and opportunity for our customers. Based on the West Coast, we are one of the fastest growing fintech firms thanks largely to our vision and our diverse, collaborative, and talented teams. We are looking for motivated and passionate individuals looking to innovate and disrupt the fintech industry and have some fun doing it.
The Capital Markets Sales and Trading Group is a critical function for Currency in deploying capital market strategies to maintain balance sheet liquidity and diversification, loan origination channel flexibility, and the achievement of both interest income and non-interest income objectives. The group’s primary responsibility is to manage the short- and long-term evolution of Currency’s asset risk position focusing on the loan origination pipeline position, the balance sheet portfolio, strategic joint ventures, and loan flow partnerships. Within Capital Markets Sales and Trading, the Institutional Sales group is responsible for originating and maintaining key trading counterparty relationships with credit unions, banks, and other financial institutions, as well as, facilitating the execution of trading activity with such counterparties. The Head of Institutional Sales will lead the buildout and management of a best-in-class team to effectively execute Currency’s Capital Markets trading strategy across a broad array of investors.
The Head of Institutional Sales should be a strong team leader with a demonstrated track record of originating, building, and maintaining deep relationships across fixed-income investors, with a specific emphasis on structured finance. A successful candidate will be a high-energy self-starter with a strong technical capital markets background, a sales driven mentality, demonstrated team leadership, and the proven ability to execute transactions with fixed-income investors.
- Report to the CFO or Head of Capital Markets, and in partnership with the Head of Trading, the Head of Institutional Sales will act as the primary business leader, relationship manager, and owner for Currency’s institutional investor and trading counter party relationships
- Build and manage a team of institutional fixed-income sales professionals who are responsible for executing Currency’s institutional sales strategies, including:
- Build investor relationships and develop a deep understanding of client needs, organizational structure, and industry trends to position client-centric solutions
- Educate investors about Currency’s investment products
- Collaborate with the trading investment professionals to execute trading activity
- Maintain and grow the network of direct relationships with various counter parties and lenders including credit unions, banks, insurance companies, and other fixed income investors for the execution of various loan trading and financing activities
- Support strategic decision-making through preparing analysis and presentations for senior management on performance metrics and initiatives across the Capital Markets and Institutional Sales groups
- Track and compare investor and competitor product specifications and pricing to help determine competitive landscape and best execution
- Provide regular, accurate and timely capital markets intelligence and analysis to Currency’s Capital Markets team, the CFO, finance team, revenue team, and other senior executives
- In partnership with Trading and Revenue organization, help in the development of new loan and capital markets products and strategies including underwriting standards, documentation packages, pricing, financing and liquidity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Engineering, or Statistics
- 7-10 years of post-baccalaureate experience in either fixed-income institutional sales and trading, preferably with an emphasis in structured products or structured finance structuring and origination
- Series 7, 63, 3, and other applicable licenses
- Deep understanding of financial markets, bond math, and institutional fixed income investors
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior project management skills required
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, as well as, spreadsheet expertise
- Ability to travel out of state approximately 50-75% with limited notice
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-activity environment
Perks and Benefits:
We have created a company culture complete with:
· Flexible paid time off
· Casual dress code
· Office happy hours and wellness events
· Generous paid parental leave
· Competitive compensation
As a result, our employees are excited to come to work to grow personally, financially, and professionally.
Check us out on LinkedIn!