San Francisco, CA /
G&A – Legal /
Forward is on a bold mission to make high-quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software, and doctors under one roof.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs, including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
"Health Moves Forward" [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
“The Pivot to Virtual Care” [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
We’re growing quickly and looking for a well-rounded product counsel to join us and help build out our function. You will be one of the first lawyers to join the team and will have the opportunity to learn, create, build, have fun, and make a difference.
- Be a key partner for all Forward teams, including the product, engineering, and medical teams, providing proactive advice throughout the product/service lifecycle.
- Understand and stay up to date on laws and regulations related to Forward’s products and services, including privacy and data protection and intellectual property.
- Own a range of legal issues related to Forward and its business. In addition to product counseling, negotiate contracts, and handle anything else that requires legal guidance.
- Be a legal ambassador - Share the mission of legal, inspire people to work with Legal, and field and clarify questions from people across Forward.
- A generalist: You know a lot about a lot of things, and are comfortable diving into new challenges.
- Pragmatic and efficient: You think quickly and are able to give considered, practical advice without perfect information. You break down ideas, projects, and problems into components and create logical progressions through those components.
- Collaborative: Your impact is much greater because people like working with you and do more for you. We are a flat organization so everyone’s voice is important.
- Entrepreneurial: You’re a self-starter who works independently with little supervision. You drive projects forward.
- Mission-driven: Our ultimate goal is to help others by bringing them access to better care. We want to bring people on board who share that passion and drive and are motivated to help us get there.
- Active membership in a state bar, CA preferred
- 3 - 10+ years of experience practicing as an attorney - role commensurate with experience
- BigLaw and technology company experience
- This role is located in San Francisco, CA, USA.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $150,000-$205,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.