Strategy and Analytics, Telemedicine
San Francisco, CA /
G&A – Operations /
Forward is on a bold mission to make high-quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software, and doctors under one roof.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs, including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
"Health Moves Forward" [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
“The Pivot to Virtual Care” [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
As a part of our Telemedicine team, you will have a key role in rebuilding our country’s most important and most broken industry from first principles. You will be the analytical backbone of the Telemedicine service, an integral part of Forward’s mission to bring healthcare to a billion people in their pockets. This is a great opportunity to own critical operations research and development; you will truly drive our care delivery towards extraordinary operational excellence.
- Develop data-driven business insights to identify opportunities for operations and product initiatives for our Telemedicine offering.
- Design, build, execute, and own statistical analyses to drive Key Performance Indicators and other business metrics, including user demand forecasting, algorithmic staffing models, and system optimization.
- Clearly communicate insights and recommendations to leadership through effective data visualization and presentations to inform business decisions.
- Build and evolve our analytical processes, tools and data pipeline to drive rapid scaling while continuously improving accuracy, efficiency, and speed of execution.
- Impact-Driven - You care about your impact upon the world. That means more building and less talking as you’re working toward something that has a chance to change people’s live
- Crazy Analytical - You have a deep understanding of how to break down and solve complex, ambiguous problems with a demonstrated track record of high performance. Beyond that, you know how to interpret the data to tell a compelling, action-driving story.
- Systems Thinker - You think about unintended consequences and second- and third-order effects. You thrive in complexity and are always thinking several steps ahead.
- Entrepreneurial - You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you’re too busy making things happen.
- 4+ years experience with a background in data science, statistical methods and testing, and model development.
- Expertise in SQL and data visualization; proficiency in statistical tools like R or Python.
- BA/BS in quantitative field required.
- Advanced degree in data science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or other quantitative fields.
- Startup experience a plus but not required
The base salary range for this full-time position is $75,000-$220,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.