People Strategy & Operations Associate
San Francisco, CA /
G&A – Operations /
Forward is on a bold mission to make high-quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software, and doctors under one roof.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs, including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
"Health Moves Forward" [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
“The Pivot to Virtual Care” [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in HR and employment law
- Review and build policies and practices to maintain business compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and partner with expansion for new state regulations, incorporating into policies when applicable
- Develop compliant, scalable, HR policies and processes that shape the employee lifecycle and support Forward culture
- Lead our immigration policies and programs, in partnership with legal and finance
- Manage our HRIS systems including HR, benefits and payroll inputs
- Manage all benefits administration and open enrollments
- Build internal knowledge base for HR workflows
- Manage all state and local reporting workflows
- Conduct or assist with record audits and mandatory reports, which may include I-9 audits, EEO-1 filings, HCSO reports, and other compliance reviews
- Provide support and guidance on complex, specialized, or sensitive questions or issues and perform routine workflows in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as needed
Who You Are:
- Ability to thrive in a face-paced environment with quickly changing business needs
- Strong business insight and judgment, team orientation, and collaborative style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management, attention to detail, and reliability
- 4+ years of experience in HR Operations
- Startup experience helpful, but not required
- Experience managing processes in an HRIS
The base salary range for this full-time position is $75,000-$220,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.