Head of People
San Francisco, CA /
G&A – People & Talent /
Forward is redesigning the way we deliver healthcare using all the technologies healthcare has neglected: sensors, mobile, and AI. We were founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), Joshua Kushner (Oscar co-Founder) and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
You can read our story here and some recent press: New Yorker, TIME, USA Today, Forbes & TechCrunch.
We are growing quickly and looking for a leader to manage our most valuable asset - people. You'll play a critical role in defining Forward's strategy, culture and values as we expand nationally. Alongside our founders, you will create scalable processes across all people ops functions: company culture, talent strategy, compensation + benefits, human resources, learning + development, and more.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Oversee all people ops functions, including talent acquisition, HR, compensation, talent and culture
- Own performance management and goal setting process
- Drive company culture through team meetings, events, community service, etc…
- Own understanding of team engagement and create/execute plans to resolve issues
- Wear many hats - we need someone who can do many things well with little hand holding and can easily pivot as priorities shift.
- We’re small and scrappy, so it’s crucial that you’re able to think on your feet and adapt to changing circumstances
- Project ownership - oversee multiple projects under tight deadlines while working alongside cross-functional teams of physicians, engineers, and operators
- Process improvement - we’re growing fast and have lots to build along the way. We’re looking for someone who will develop new processes to optimize work flows and make operations more efficient
WHO YOU ARE:
- 15+ years experience in people operations, preferably in a startup environment
- Experience managing a recruiting team in a fast-paced setting
- HR operations experience
- A high level of ownership, confidentiality and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and great follow-through on tasks