Senior Software Engineer, Devices
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Software /
Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof. We are scaling our engineering team and looking for world-class engineers with experience and expertise in building scalable software solutions for real-world problems. As an early member of our engineering team, you’ll have a key role in building the future of healthcare from first principles.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
Health Moves Forward [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
The Pivot to Virtual Care [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Tackle problems on the boundary of software, hardware, and the real world.
- Work with top-flight software, mechanical, and electrical engineering talent from places like Google, Palantir, and NASA JPL.
- Own entire projects while working alongside cross-functional teams of physicians, designers, and operators.
- Lay the foundational groundwork for our engineering systems and practices.
- Collaborate with deep domain experts in fields like AI and NLP. Our engineers made major contributions to projects such as TensorFlow at Google.
- Your work will directly contribute to saving and improving people’s lives. For real. :)
WHAT YOU'RE GOOD AT:
- Impact - You’re deeply mission-driven and you think there’s more to life than software that enables puppy ears to be superimposed on photos. Although we concede those are cute.
- Entrepreneurship - You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you’re too busy making things happen.
- Full stack - You’ve done front-end, back-end, and every kind of end.
- Curiosity - You like to mess around with computer vision, hardware hacking, or bioinformatics in your free time? You made your own smart mirror? Boy have we got some fun things for you…
- Product passion - You care about the bits you ship ending up in users’ hands. You don’t really need a product manager because you’re basically one yourself.
- Building good teams - Not managing them, building them. You know how to make those around you better and feed off their energy. You take care of your teammates.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000-$220,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.