Product Manager, Platform
San Francisco, CA /
Product & Design – Product /
Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof. We are scaling our engineering team and looking for world-class engineers with experience and expertise in building scalable software solutions for real-world problems. As an early member of our engineering team, you’ll have a key role in building the future of healthcare from first principles.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
We're looking for Product Managers that are interested in:
- Moving healthcare from a service-based industry dependent on human labor to a tech driven product that scales
- Designing the processes and infrastructure that will drive the healthcare platform of the future
- Leading interdisciplinary functional teams of designers, engineers, doctors and operators to reimagine every health interaction and rebuild healthcare as a product from the bottom up
- Challenging yourself by working on a massive scope (seriously, many of our products could have been their own startup - we built our own telemedicine app, exam room screen, body scanner and electronic medical record system)
- Working on an inspiring team alongside founders, PMs, designers, and engineers hailing from top companies like: Google, Amazon, Facebook, Uber, Palantir, IDEO
What makes a successful Product Manager at Forward? Someone that is:
- User-obsessed. You are deeply empathetic, constantly putting yourself in the shoes of our users (whether that be our patients or great clinical team)
- Impact-driven. You care about your impact upon the world. That means more building and less talking as you work towards something that has the chance of changing people’s lives.
- A Renaissance (wo)man. You’re curious, always learning, and as comfortable talking shop with a doctor as you are with a designer or engineer.
- A good helicopter. You can alternate between 10,000 foot and 10 foot views easily, and at the right time. Product vision? Fit-and-finish? All in a day’s work.
- Creative. You don’t need to be asked to think outside of the box...you know when to climb hills and when to jump them.
- Scrappy. You’re a hustler who will get your hands dirty and protect your builders at every turn.
- A leader. You’re kind, charismatic, and humble. Teams want to be in the trenches with you, and to build something great by your side.
What experience should you have?
- 2+ years of Product Management experience shipping impactful products and features
- BA/BS in STEM major required (CS, CE, EE, ME, symbolic systems, Physics, Math or Chemistry)
- Startup experience preferred
The base salary range for this full-time position is $90,000-$210,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
Sound like it could be a fit? We’d love your application and recommend exploring the following links to get a better idea of what we’re working on:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
Health Moves Forward [CEO Blog Post]
Deploying AI in Healthcare [EmTech Digital]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.