Los Angeles, CA /
Regional – Regional Medical Assistants /
Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof.
We are looking for a motivated Medical Assistant who thrives in a collaborative, tech-based environment. You will be on the clinical frontlines supporting our members, and you'll gain broad exposure to operations in a rapidly growing health-tech startup. This is a unique opportunity for those seeking to gain hands-on experience in the medical and/or health-tech field.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
"Health Moves Forward" [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
“The Pivot to Virtual Care” [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
- Assist with the patient experience.
- Assist in building clinical policies and procedures.
- Perform back-of-house clinical diagnostics and other operational tasks onsite.
- Use clinical skills for specimen collection, point-of-care testing, clinical procedures.
- Support member experience onsite including coordinating care, helping members check-in, answering questions about our products and services, and giving tours of our site to prospective members.
- Support clinic operations, including helping to coordinate scheduling and appointment confirmations, managing onsite inventory, and working closely with operations teams to ensure the clinic is operating smoothly and efficiently.
- Physically facilitate, support, and perform warehouse and inventory logistics activities such as receiving, storing, packing, shipping, distributing, and restocking inventory
- Work closely with purchasing and clinical staff
- Maintain records, conduct cycle counts, and input data using our inventory management system
- Assist with on-site deployments and coordination, including vendor walkthroughs, permitting, and site tours
- Identify opportunities to improve current processes to optimize workflows and make operations more efficient
- Impact-driven. You care about your impact upon the world. That means more building and less talking as you’re working toward something that has a chance to change people’s lives.
- Customer-obsessed. You are deeply empathetic, constantly putting yourself in the shoes of our members. You enjoy the customer service side of healthcare.
- A Problem Solver - You've solved ambiguous and analytically complex problems, and are always looking for a new challenge.
- Process-oriented - You have exceptional organizational skills and enjoy building scalable operational processes
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, bend body downward at the waist, kneel, and ascend/descend a ladder to access supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must have a working vehicle and self carried auto-insurance
- Experience in medical/clinical environment preferred
- Familiarity with phlebotomy or injections preferred, but we can provide training
The base salary range for this full-time position is $16/hr-$21/hr, plus benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
Why Join Forward?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.