Sales Development Representative
Boston, MA /
G&A – Sales /
Forward is on a bold mission to make high-quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software, and doctors under one roof.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs, including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Many industries have successfully cut out the middleman by selling directly to consumers. However, no one has ever accomplished this in healthcare—arguably the most important and personal industry to consumers—until now. We know that at the heart of our success is our team. Become a part of the growth team that is focused on bringing better health, happiness and peace of mind to consumers everywhere
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
"Health Moves Forward" [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
“The Pivot to Virtual Care” [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own the entire sales cycle from initial discovery to close. You’ll drive our sales and growth that will be critical to the success of the company.
- Engage our prospective members as they walk through the door and tell them our story.
- Lead product demos and take prospective members through a tangible, immersive experience that shows them what being a Forward member looks like and feels like.
- Close deals and drive our growth with each new sign-up.
- Wear many hats - we need someone who can do many things well with little hand holding and can easily pivot as priorities shift. We’re small and scrappy, so it’s crucial that you’re able to think on your feet and adapt to changing circumstances.
WHO YOU ARE:
- B.A. or B.S.
- A high level of ownership, confidentiality and attention to detail.
- Strong competitive drive with relentlessly high standards.
- Bold, persistent, a good listener, and persuasive.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Easily develops a comfortable rapport and establishes relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Exceptional organizational skills and great follow-through on tasks.
Job Type: Full-time, onsite (please note: this may include nights and weekends)
Compensation structure: The expected cash compensation for this position ranges from $60,000 - $100,000 per year. Cash compensation is comprised of an hourly base rate and an uncapped commission plan. Pay will vary based on the amount worked and sales performance.
Benefits: 401(k), PTO, Health, Dental, Vision insurance
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.