Telemedicine Registered Nurse (Remote)
United States /
Telemedicine – Registered Nurses /
Please note: An NLC Compact License is required for this position. More details here.
Are you looking for an innovative primary care practice model that uses technology and healthcare data to empower patients to take greater ownership and accountability over their healthcare? At Forward, we believe that the future of medicine combines the best attributes of healthcare professionals with the efficiency and grace of innovative technology.
We are looking for a motivated Registered Nurse who thrives in delivering care in an innovative tech environment. You will support our members via telemedicine, working alongside highly acclaimed, board certified physicians. This is an ideal opportunity for those seeking a flexible opportunity to deliver primary care via telemedicine.
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
'Forward at Home' Product Launch [TechCrunch]
"Health Moves Forward" [CEO Blog Post]
Forward Doctors Respond to COVID-19 [FastCompany]
1. Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC): A Compact License is required for this position.
2. Although this is a Remote position, we are currently prioritizing applicants based in the following states: AL, AZ, FL, IA, KY, MN, MO, NC, ND, SC, SD, TX, UT.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Remotely triage patients via our online chat-based platform
- Recommend suitable treatment plans and consider cost-effective treatment modalities, within your scope of practice
- Assist in care coordination to ensure our members are cared for in a timely manner
- Provide relevant medical and wellness education within your scope of practice
- Act as a resource for the broader care team within your scope of practice
- Create draft orders for NPs and doctors to review and approve as appropriate
- Foster loyalty among our members by contributing to the overall Forward experience
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- An RN (BSN required) with 2+ years of experience
- NLC Compact License is required
- Available and eligible for licensure in all 50 states. We will provide assistance to get you licensed in states outside of your home state, if necessary.
- Motivated by Forward’s mission to make preventive care a bigger part of patient lives, and you enjoy practicing in telemedicine care environments
- Hardworking and detail-oriented, with the ability to problem solve, reaching out for help / support on patient cases, as needed
- A caring, compassionate individual who enjoys helping others and providing a positive care experience in a telemedicine platform.
- Looking to work 25+ hours per week
- Flexible with your availability and interested in working in a telemedicine environment with frequent change / product improvements
- Someone with advanced computer skills including typing speed, email, internet research, downloading and uploading files, and working in multiple browser windows. You should be extremely comfortable using new technology and software.
Internet: You must have wired or wifi connectivity, with download speed minimum of 5.0 Mbps and upload speed minimum of 3.0 Mbps
Mobile device: You will need to install a few programs on a personal phone or tablet for authentication purposes. This device should be running Android iOS 8+ or iOS 12+
Computer: You need to provide your own laptop or desktop with a monitor capable of displaying 1920 x 1080 pixels, and a sound card installed for use with speakers or headphones. Your device should meet the following requirements:
ChromeOS: Intel Pentium
Non-ChromeOS: Intel i3 processor or AMD Ryzen or better
ChromeOS: 4GB of RAM or better
Non-ChromeOS: 6 GB of RAM or better
ChromeOS: no minimum
Windows 10 or better
Google Chrome (latest version), Safari (latest version), or Internet Explorer 11
Please let us know during the interview process if you have concerns with any of these requirements.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We want to rebuild the healthcare industry and change the way individuals think about taking ownership over their health. You will be working with a team of hardworking, mission-driven people trying to effect change in healthcare as quickly and meaningfully as possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.