Performance Operations Specialist
San Francisco, CA /
G&A – Operations /
Forward is on a bold mission to make high-quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software, and doctors under one roof.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs, including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
"Health Moves Forward" [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
“The Pivot to Virtual Care” [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
As a Performance Operations Specialist at Forward you will develop strategic programs to teach our diverse set of care team roles (doctors, care administrators, medical assistants, nurses, etc.) how to deliver high quality care to our members within Forward's proprietary toolset. You will set KPIs for each care team's onboarding and ongoing trainings and constantly be striving to improve our training system to increase the ROI of performance quality.
This role requires a unique blend of strategic thinking to develop curriculum design and knowledge architecture. Additionally, you will need program management experience, and analytical fluency to build innovative learning solutions in a variety of formats for our rapidly growing team of care team members. You will use your analytical skill set to understand the effectiveness of each training and continue to tweak and refine content to ensure the best and most effective learning experience.
- Design and develop robust learning programs for multiple teams
- Collect and analyze learning metrics (i.e., assessments) and understand worker performance to derive the insights required to design effective trainings that improve performance
- Work cross functionally with multiple teams and internal stakeholders to design and develop scalable and comprehensive training programs that achieve the set objectives
- Build strong relationships across Forward to foster collaboration and ensure content and learning experiences are designed to improve Health Care worker performance
- Impact-Driven - You care about your impact upon the world. That means more building and less talking as you’re working toward something that has a chance to change people’s live
- A Problem Solver - You love breaking down highly complex problems into their easily explainable building blocks
- Detail-Oriented - You have exceptional organizational skills and you enjoy diving into operational processes
- Entrepreneurial - You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you’re too busy making things happen
- 3+ years experience in strategy
- 1–2 years experience in program management
- Ability to identify the best learning delivery formats for a specific set of learning goals
- Confident pulling and reviewing performance reports to glean insights and adjust programs as necessary
- Ability to communicate abstract information to non-technical audiences
- Attention to design aesthetics and visual detail
- Self and stakeholder management: scope and manage day-to-day work of projects independently
- Familiarity with LMS and CMS systems strongly preferred
- Ability to develop tests and interpret outcomes
The base salary range for this full-time position is $75,000-$220,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.