San Francisco, CA /
G&A – Legal /
Forward is on a bold mission to make high-quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software, and doctors under one roof.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs, including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
"Health Moves Forward" [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
“The Pivot to Virtual Care” [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
We’re growing quickly and looking for senior attorneys across all specialties to join us and help build out our department. You will be one of the first lawyers to join the team and will have the opportunity to learn, create, build, have fun, and make a difference.
- Provide strategic guidance to senior leadership on a comprehensive range of legal and business issues involved in supporting our mission and company objectives.
- Review, analyze and advise on legal risks to and opportunities for us associated with the constantly changing healthcare regulatory environment.
- Offer guidance and serve as the escalation point for a wide variety of legal matters, including but not limited to state/federal compliance issues, contract law, data/privacy regulations, intellectual property, and other HR, employment, or corporate matters.
- Manage complex and sensitive cross-functional projects.
- Design and execute legal strategy in response to litigation and regulatory inquiries.
- Work alongside our general counsel to solve high-priority challenges and scale the company.
- Pragmatic and efficient: You think quickly and are able to give considered, practical advice without perfect information. You break down ideas, projects, and problems into components and create logical progressions through those components.
- Collaborative: Your impact is much greater because people like working with you and do more for you. You will be working with many teams such as operations, medical, product, finance, marketing and human resources.
- Entrepreneurial: You’re a self-starter who works independently with little supervision. You drive projects forward.
- Mission-driven: Our ultimate goal is to help others by bringing them access to better care. We want to bring people on board who share that passion and drive and are motivated to help us get there.
- Active membership in a state bar, CA preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience practicing as an attorney. The scope of the role will be adjusted based on years of experience and legal specializations.
- In house and startup experience at a scaling organization
- Substantive experience in some of the following areas: state medical regulations, HIPAA, digital health and telemedicine, FTC regulations, privacy laws, FDA devices.
- This role will be based out of San Francisco, CA
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.