Senior UX Designer (Remote - United States)
El Segundo, CA /
Design – Design /
GoGuardian is transforming education for millions of students.
We dream of a world in which students can leverage the power of the internet and their own curiosity while staying focused and safe from harmful content on their school-issued devices.
We're building applications to do just that. Our products allow school administrators to create freedom within boundaries by setting rules around access, teachers to guide students through online content and collaboration, and school counselors to find and help students in need. But that's just the beginning, we need you to help us with what's next.
The GoGuardian UX Team is a close-knit group of thinkers and tinkerers who believe the best products are made with curiosity, optimism, and deep enthusiasm to craft products that make people’s lives better.
Who You Are:
- You are currently a Senior UX Designer or a UX Designer with several years of experience who has designed software applications in partnership with Product Management, Research, and Engineering teams, to produce engaging, consistent, and innovative products for a diverse set of users.
What You'll Do:
- Deliver experiences that can be mapped to defined product requirements and designs based on specific use cases and user goals.
- Produce design deliverables for each step of the product development process from design exploration to user research examples and final UI design, including task outlines, workflow diagrams, wireframes, interaction mockups, and high-fidelity visuals.
- Understand data visualization and integrate quantitative and qualitative data into your UX work and design decisions.
- Work with user research to interact with users and gather and interpret user research data.
- Represent the UX voice and act as an advocate for the user in all conversations when collaborating closely with developers and product owners.
- Maintain and innovate on industry best practices for UX and product design methods, trends, and processes.
- Work with developers to provide guidance as they build out the UI.
What You'll Need:
- 2-4+ years creating product experiences for web-based applications and services.
- Portfolio of UX examples demonstrating your design vision and translation into working software solutions.
- Fluency with a diverse set of design tools for exploring, prototyping, testing, and delivering professional-level UX work.
- A high level of craft and attention to detail and the ability to identify design solutions from a variety of data and information sources.
- Clear communication skills that support the prioritization and defense of your design decisions.
- Enthusiasm to share, innovate, and create world-class design with a like-minded team of fellow creatives.
It's A Bonus If:*
- You have an interest or experience in education and a desire to see technology transform learning.
- You’ve conducted user testing and research.
- You have some knowledge of accessibility requirements (WCAG).
Here at GoGuardian, we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.