Fullstack Software Engineer - Internal Products
Program Management – Program Management /
About the Role
At Gojek, engineering is central to everything we do: bringing our ideas to life and into the lives of our users. As our Full Stack Engineer for the Internal Products team, you’ll be responsible for a suite of tools that help shape our company culture and how we develop people - our employee performance review system, career development, training, goal setting, internal community building and so on.
You’ll design and develop highly complex, reliable, maintainable, and fault tolerant systems for Gojek’s internal services platform. Leveraging on cutting edge web application technologies, you’ll establish and evangelize the best engineering practices for your team to follow. Working closely with stakeholders, product managers and designers, you'll build world-class products to meet the organizational goals of company leadership and also support your colleagues in their day to day activities.
What You Will Do
- Pair with team members on functional and nonfunctional requirements and spread design philosophy, goals and improvements to code quality across the team
- Design and develop highly complex, highly available, reliable, secure and fault-tolerant systems with minimal guidance
- Mentor junior team members and manage their delivery through code reviews
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (PAC, DevOps, UX, etc) on planning and executionManage automated build/test/deployment environments
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development
- Deploy, monitor, maintain and fix issues in products currently in production
- Manage product compatibility across devices
What You Will Need
- At least 4 years of experience of building full-stack web applications
- Well-versed in standard frontend framework (ex. ReactJS)
- Understanding of basic security aspects on the frontend and how to mitigate them
- Data modeling experience in relational databases, as well as knowledge of NoSQL
- Experience in managing stakeholders both within and outside the teamDeep understanding of microservices, programming language like Ruby, Java, Golang (and a willingness to learn others)
- Ability to implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery; well-versed with Agile methodologies, TDD and Test Engineering and Automation
- Experience in mentoring junior developers would be a plus
About the Team
The Internal Products group helps Gojek to realise its organisational goals with software solutions. To serve the company’s unique needs, and those of our world-class colleagues, we seek to build enduring and memorable products.
Our team? Internal. Our customer? Internal. Our challenges? Internal Global. Some of the most interesting problems faced by the world’s fastest growing companies, making the lives of your colleagues easier, and having a direct impact on the overall wellbeing of the organisation.
We insist on engineering excellence, while maintaining a friendly and casual bond. You will work with some of our finest engineers to solve the most intricate problems, and you will get feedback directly from other employees.
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.