Design – Design /
About the Role
DesignOps is the central nervous system of the Design Team at Gojek. We strive to optimize the effectiveness and quality of the design at Gojek by evolving and accelerating our people, culture, practices, and tools. We strive to enable people to be their best possible selves. We are looking for someone to join our DesignOps team who has the first-hand experience in building and managing digital products with a strong background in project management and is excited by the idea of working with a large team of designers to help them realize their potential.
As a Design Program Manager, you will design how designers design. Dream, explore, create, and nurture other designers’ skills and processes, identifying areas for improvement through collaborating across functions at Gojek.
What You Will Do
- Involve yourself in increasing the effectiveness of the entire team by helping to define and adapt design processes that elevate the productivity and well-being of the Gojek Design Team, and inspire teams throughout the organization
- Manage communication and documentation within the product design team, partner with other functions, external contacts, and Gojek international teams, and contribute to a company-wide understanding of the role of design
- Introduce new ideas, new processes, and new tools to best support an efficient process, creative work, and consistently high-quality execution
- Facilitate project scheduling, establish deadlines, ensure the team is aware of key milestones, lead team meetings, and coordinate creative reviews throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Enable and empower people by evolving the existing processes, frameworks, and practices
What You Will Need
- Should have at least 8 years of experience as a Designer, Project or Program Manager, with an emphasis on operations, with proven ability to improve and scale design/product development process in large teams
- Experienced in managing projects and project management methodologies and best practices
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Outstanding in collaboration and building relationships - interfacing with research, product, business, and engineering teams
- Must have a deep understanding of design methodology and the creative process
- Experienced scoping, managing, and facilitating design sprints and workshops with large interdisciplinary teams
- Must be driven by outcomes and committed to continuous learning
- Comfortable working with rapid-growth companies or startups
About the Team
Our Gojek design squad currently consists of 100+ designers spread across 2 countries and ~7 teams based in Bengaluru and Jakarta who run Southeast Asia’s leading SuperApp. We oversee all things responsible for Gojek's Design and envision and create products and services that meaningfully improve the lives of our users in 24+ products. It’s our job to ensure that the SuperApp runs seamlessly.
We have people from a wide range of backgrounds and skills. We envision, create and support products and services that meaningfully improve the lives of our users.
Over the last 5 years, we have continuously evolved our processes, improved the quality of our outcomes, expanded our reach within the organization, and relentlessly advocated for our customers. We value constructive criticism, passionate debates, hard challenges, and keeping work fun. Our weekly conversations range from the latest breakthroughs in design, technology to the best sourdough bread recipes out there (WFH has indeed made us into make-believe bread connoisseurs). But whether you like your bread with butter or olive oil, or stay as far away from it as possible (teach us how), we’d be stoked to have you join the fam!
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.