Senior Full Stack Engineer - Risk
Engineering – Fraud and Risk /
About the Role
Fasten your helmet and climb on board if you’re ready to be our Senior Full Stack Engineer. In this role, you will be an integral player in the Risk & Fraud Team currently based in Indonesia, India and Singapore. Working extensively with a talented troop of Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and Product Managers, you'll take charge over building back-end services for Gojek's fraud detection platform, identifying abusive behaviors and fraudulent activities within our ecosystem to ensure a trusted and fair core platform for our customers and partners alike. Your efforts will get us even closer to our ultimate goal of creating a seamless and safe Super App that will transport Gojek to all corners of the globe.
What You Will Do
- Write great quality, scalable, and maintainable code
- Build and manage fully automated build/test/deployment environments
- Build a core platform to enable new features on our big data and micro-services oriented architecture
- Practice quality engineering, through TDD, agile on a cutting-edge stack
- Lead technical projects from planning to implementation with data scientists and the Fraud engineering team
What You Will Need
- At least 5 years of relevant full-stack engineering experience with solid Computer Science fundamentals
- Familiarity with either Java or Golang, or a similar programming language
- Experience with distributed systems, large-scale data processing, back-end systems engineering, as well as data modeling experience in Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in cloud platforms and solutions (GCP / AWS preferred)
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery implementation
- Deep understanding of Agile methodologies (TDD, Pair Programming)
- Experience in Data Streaming and Computation Frameworks (Spark, Kafka, Flink, Beam) and familiarity of production environments with large data sets (DevOps tools: Docker, Kubernetes)
About the Team
Our objective as Gojek’s Risk Team is to ensure a safe and trusted platform that our users can trust, rely on, and love to come back to. Our team consists of multinational and multi-background individuals, working together to anticipate and predict potential threats to our platform, design and build tools to fight against and mitigate these threats, and implement and enforce these systems at scale. We partner closely with several cross-functional teams to ensure safe and secure transactions for our users, our Gojek businesses, and our extended ecosystem.
Our team is constantly working on projects that continuously bolster our platform, maintain Gojek’s overall integrity, and improve the resilience of our ecosystem across all the countries and regions we operate in. This is a particularly exciting time to join our family as we’re focused on scaling this team to support Gojek’s growing markets, businesses, and future product launches, propelling our services to all corners of the globe. The questions that are always in the back of our minds are: How do we push the envelope in bolstering our risk mitigation efforts, making them stronger than their last iterations, and how can we effectively increase risk awareness throughout all factions of our company?
When we aren’t busy fighting potential risks and fraud on our platform, you’d probably find us binge-watching Netflix shows, testing out new food spots around town (mostly ordering in to ensure social distancing), and chatting about our coming week on our weekly Zoom calls. Once COVID subsides, we’re excited to be able to meet and socialize over a meal again.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2021, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.