Product Design Manager - GoFood Growth & Expansion
Design – Design /
About the Role
Gojek Design is looking for a Design Manager to join us on an adventure of designing the future of food delivery in Southeast Asia as part of our GoFood team. In this role, you will be leading a team of Product Designers towards achieving strategic goals for our GoFood growth and expansion plans. You will get to work on a wide range of initiatives both on the consumer as well as merchant side.
In this interesting and fun journey, you'll be working alongside PMs, Engineers, Researchers, and Design leaders to define the roadmap, goals, and vision of how to build a predictable, hassle-free & delightful ordering experience. So get ready to explore a ton of new ideas on loyalty programs, social commerce, chat, and the web as well as experiment with those ideas. And the best part is your designs will impact tens of millions of Gojek users who use our products daily and millions of drivers whose livelihood depends on them.
What You Will Do
- Build and manage a talented, diverse, inclusive team of product designers that consistently deliver on projects and is well-balanced across a range of design skillsets
- Responsible for overall team performance and health, resource allocation, project prioritization, and building a culture of design excellence
- Mentor and coach a team of product designers and provide them with a path to career success
- Lead and oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with product managers, engineers, UX researchers, and content designers
- Help define the roadmap, goals, and vision for the product
- Define the principles to be followed by members of the design & research function, and drive for its utilization along the design process
- Be an advocate for the users’ needs so that they get translated into product output
- Define the best tactical approach to cater to both the user and business needs and deliver delightful solutions that drive impact
- Create stellar design documentation & help establish processes to ensure seamless collaboration between fellow designers in other products and between designers in different functions
- Effectively communicate your team's product goals (both within the team and outside the team), and connect related projects across the company so that problems or joint decisions can be resolved quickly.
What You Will Need
- Should have at least 4 years of experience in Product Design and at least 3 years of design leadership experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership
- Should have at least 3 years of experience working collaboratively with the product, engineering, design, content, and user research teams
- Proficiency in product design with extensive and demonstrated expertise in the visual hierarchy, layout, and information architecture
- Ability to draw insights from both qualitative & quantitative data, and further identify problem areas to work on
- Ability to measure good design and its impact on business
- Good knowledge of design fundamentals, such as design thinking frameworks, and able to take on a structured approach to solving problems
- Excellent organizational, project management, and collaboration skills to manage a wide range of stakeholders
About the Team
The Gojek Design Team is made up of around a hundred designers spread across two countries and seven teams. Our members come from a wide range of backgrounds, and are experts in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, UX Writing, Illustration, Service Design, UX Research, and Motion Design. Together we envision, create, and support products and services that meaningfully improve the lives of our customers.
We’ve come a long way since 2015, when we were a small central team of 15 designers working to build and support products that were scaling at an unprecedented rate. Since then, we’ve grown with the rest of the organization in bringing to life over 24 different products. Various obstacles presented themselves, from the actual design process, ensuring we weren’t a bottleneck, to fostering a design-based philosophy throughout the company. Since then, we’ve been educating everyone around us on the importance of design, and why it makes sense to start with the users and work backwards. We’ve continuously evolved our design processes, improved the quality of our outcomes, expanded our reach within the organization, and relentlessly advocated for our customers.
As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal growth and well-being, too; we enjoy bonding over our shared love of good food, easy home recipes, and the best places to eat in our cities. When we aren't working, you'd probably find us catching up with each other over Zoom, binging the latest Netflix dramas, or cooking up a storm with fresh ingredients we ordered through Groceries ;)
GoFoods enables online food ordering through the Gojek app for customers across Indonesia, Singapore and Vietnam. Consisting of 100+ passionate designers, engineers, PMs, and other disciplines, the GoFoods team caters to its customers with the absolute best food choices at affordable rates. We value, love, and cherish our customers and are always looking for ways to make every experience with us smooth, hassle-free, and delightful.
Every month we cater to 200 million transactions and are gearing for more. Experience metrics are crucial to us & integral to every feature. We believe close collaboration, and listening to what the customer is saying, even the little stuff, will lead to exceptional experiences.
Ease of discovery and personalization are hygiene to GoFoods and we have long since started taking up new challenges including but not limited to integration of machine learning to optimize processes for our merchant partners and other users.
The GoFoods team has seamlessly adopted the new normal of WFH and is always looking to thrive collaboratively even in an online environment. Some of us are Foodies at heart ourselves and all of us enjoy bonding over virtual games, in-depth design brainstorms, new idea sessions, and fun times of course :)
If you join us, and we hope you do, we will ensure you are taken care of and move forward in the world of Gojek and Food tech with us!
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.