Android Engineer - GoPay Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City /
VN - Engineering – Engineering /
About the Role
GoPay Vietnam is looking for passionate Android Engineer with a drive of building scalable applications and teams to join the Ho Chi Minh office.
As an Android Engineer, will be responsible for working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, trends, and emerging technologies. In this role you will work closely with the product management team and cross-functional teams (Product Engineer, DevOps, Data, UX, QA, etc) to define, plan and execute the feature roadmap.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for delivering solutions that bring positive impact to low-income communities by hands-on with many up-to-date software technologies
- Build large-scale and high-performance services to develop simple, easy-to-use products for our unique end customers
- Design and develop highly maintainable and reliable Android app
- Coordinate with other teams (UX and Backend team) on building and managing Android app
- Recognize process or programming inefficiencies, and recommend improvements
- Responsible for doing R&Ds to explore technology tools
- Implement tech excellence in Android development environment
What You Will Need
- At least 3 years of hands on experiences in developing and testing apps on Android for large scale applications
- Hands on experience and strong proficiency but not limited to Kotlin
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Android Framework
- Understanding of internal implementation of programming languages, good OO design skills and good design patterns knowledge
- Well versed with Agile methodologies, TDD and Test Engineering and Automation
- Ability to understand and implement continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles
About the Team
GoPay is Southeast Asia’s fastest-growing consumer payments and financial services startup. We currently have a team of 100+ engineers across 4 different locations - Bangalore, Bangkok, Jakarta and Singapore - and will be looking to scale up as we build our Vietnam office. We are currently servicing more than 8 million unique users every day on a variety of payment avenues, providing the most convenient payment method in Vietnam/APAC.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.