Data Analyst Manager - Commerce Enablement
Data – Business Intelligence /
About the Role
As our Lead Data Analyst for the Commerce Enablement team, you’ll collaborate with other cross-functional teams (Product Managers, Business Strategists, Marketing, Research, and Data Science) to find useful business insights within a large amount of data. You’ll assist these teams in setting up success metrics for particular products/features, optimize existing services and systems, and ensure data quality and source of truth availability.
You’ll process data streams to produce data foundation, analytical dashboards, and product/feature trackers on a daily basis. Here, you'll get a front-row seat in understanding how one of the largest Asian SuperApps makes use of its data. Your efforts will help remove highly complex analytical blockers presented to the team and contribute to the overall expansion and efficiency of Gojek's Merchant platform.
What You Will Do
- Own problem definition and defining them into analytical problems
- Provide a roadmap for the complex analytical problems and it's technical decision such as the library to use/ potential algorithm to use
- Showcase impact in a broader business context by providing detailed analysis and data visualization
- Understand stakeholder needs, respond professionally, and follow up to ensure satisfaction
- Proactive in developing tools/analysis, and improving business metrics to keep them relevant with the company’s growth
- Work closely with Product Managers and Business teams to help them create data-driven decisions
What You Will Need
- At least 5 years of experience in Business Intelligence, Analytics, or other related roles that require strong analytical skills, problem-solving, and business acumen (preferably from the payment/ fintech industry)
- Experience in SQL and data visualization (e.g. Tableau and Metabase)
- Have strong statistical knowledge and able to independently select and implement the correct statistical test to answer the business question
- Good R/Python skills to perform advanced analysis (hypothesis testing, predictive model, clustering, etc)
- Solid understanding of machine learning modeling
- A self-driven attitude with a strong sense of ownership; ability to work independently to solve problems and develop solutions
- Ability to use critical thinking to manage daily tasks while being goal-oriented
- Ability to transform an ambiguous business or product problem into a well-scoped and impactful analysis
About the Team
The Commerce Enablement team is a family of 120+ engineers based in Jakarta, Singapore, and India. We consistently strive to implement solutions that allow our merchant-partners in Indonesia (and the greater Southeast Asian region) to sell their products both online and offline. We also work to improve the merchant-partner experience by product innovation and integration with the rest of the Gojek ecosystem.
Internally, we promote a culture of engineering excellence, learning, and guided career growth. We advocate sustainable engineering practices, innovation, and working smart more so than working hard. We aim to be a world-class organization, implementing world-class solutions, with world-class engineers leading the way.
Our portfolio of products include merchant-facing solutions that enable our subscribed merchant-partners to sell their goods and services both online and offline. Southeast Asia is a highly dynamic market, where products have to react promptly to market trends and shifts, and where product managers and business leads need the flexibility to experiment and iterate fast. With that in mind, from an engineering perspective, our challenges are to evolve a general platform for e-commerce that is sufficiently versatile to support rapid product iterations across multiple products, as well as scaling up to an ever-growing user-base. To tackle these challenges, we have adopted event-driven architectural patterns in our engineering designs, as well as agile practices across all our day-to-day processes.
This COVID era has been hard on all of us. Off-hours, we are doing our best to stay in touch and continue to bond through fun, playful online activities. Once COVID is over, we are looking forward to resuming our regular team-wide social activities such as dinner-and-drinks evenings and team off-sites.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2021, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.