Senior Software Engineer (iOS) -GoPay
Engineering – Mobile Engineering /
About the Role
As a GoPay - iOS Engineer, you are expected to build, release and maintain a large scale iOS application. You will also be responsible for working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, trends, and emerging technologies. In this role you will work closely with the product management team and cross-functional teams (Product Engineer, DevOps, Data, UX, QA, etc) to define, plan and execute the feature roadmap and to build robust, well-designed API contracts.
What You Will Do
- Design, build and improve the iOS mobile experiences
- Enabling and building personal, interconnected, Geo-location-leveraging mobile products and experiences compatible with low bandwidth and often unreliable internet connections
- Improves code structure and architecture in service of testability and maintainability
- Build reusable iOS software components for interfacing with multiple application
- Responsible for formulating and creating clear and efficient technical documentation
- Implements code that is clear, concise, performant, tested, and easily understood by others
- Automates repeated manual tasks to improve self/stream’s productivity
- Actively supports their team in the tracking and reporting of execution metrics both through automation as well as disciplined adherence to processes and best practices
What You Will Need
- Should have at least 4 years of experience in iOS development and working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures and implementation (MVC, VIPER, MVVM), trends, and emerging technologies
- Prior experience in building Frameworks and SDKs
- Proficiency in Swift 4+, Xcode 10+
- Able to write product specifications and actively participate in the planning phase, and write model code for functional and nonfunctional requirements including help improve the code quality standard across the team
- Working experience with popular third-party libraries for networking, async, image loading etc
- Familiarity with Instruments, LLDB, and other debugging tools
- Proficient in Unit Testing and Test Driven Development
- Experience with CI/CD optimisation
About the Team
GoPay is Indonesias leading e-money wallet that offers the best experience of payment services for all customers and service providers. We started as an e-money wallet for Gojek. Today, with 40+ engineers and over 8 million + users, we have helped to facilitate transactions that have helped Gojek create 500,000+ jobs for our service providers - from the motorcycle drivers down your street to your favorite gorengan and martabak stalls.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.