Decision Science Manager
Data – Business Intelligence /
About the Role
If you enjoy mining insights from a sea of data, solving difficult & ambiguous problems, designing experiments, and building data products, this is the role for you. As our Decision Scientist Manager, you will get to lead the regional data team, who are in charge of driving the growth of Gojek products in Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam, and "win the competition" of becoming the region's market leader. A talented troop of business leads, analysts, and scientists will be your companions on this ride, whom you will work together with on a wide range of tasks, from building personalized recommendation systems to improving user experience on the app. The coolest part: you will be able to see the real-time impact of your contributions on an international scale.
What You Will Do
- Be the thought partner for the business and Center of Excellence of data for International teams
- Align international strategy with Gojek strategy in terms of data
- Build statistical/ML models that generate or lead to the answer to highly challenging problems
- Drive strategic and impactful data engineering and data science projects
- Build self-service data products such as dashboards and data mart tables to reduce time to insights
- Be a technical leader in the CAST team, enable them to perform better, and also influence other teams in the organization
What You Will Need
- At least 7 years of experience in analytics or data science, including 2 years in leadership position
- Strong SQL and Python skills
- In-depth statistical and mathematical knowledge
- Proven experience in data modeling or machine learning
- Good technical knowledge in data warehouse, data engineering and data visualization skills (Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc.)
- Strong self leadership and team leadership skills
- Excellent communication skill, project management, and stakeholder management of high level stakeholders
About the Team
The CAST (Centralized Analytics and Science Team), a sub-team of the Data Organization, consists of 25 Data Scientists, Analysts and Decision Scientists based in Indonesia and Singapore. Working alongside the Transport, Food, Logistics, Marketplace, Merchants, Operations, Strategy, and Partnerships team, we are predominantly concerned with helping the International businesses make complex business decisions using advanced analytics, like partnering up with products and businesses to provide data solutions on issues ranging from Marketing to even Customer Experience.
For instance, should you have a question about the current trends for the Transport supply curve in Thailand, we are your people! Currently, our team has been busy working on customer personalization and recommendation models, which will further enhance our Gojek customer experience.
We are a tight-knit group made up of video gamers, footballers, gym hitters, runners, bookworms, street dancers, and even social media influencers. We work hard and play hard, and believe it or not, we actually enjoy each other’s company!
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.