Data Scientist, Financial Services Platform
Data – Data Science /
About the Role
Our team is in charge of building various predictive models that help Gojek drivers, merchants, and customers. We use models to predict churn, credit score loan applicants, and pricing and adoption models. We are a growing team and quickly expand our capabilities and add more models that we support. We are focused on growth and efficiency. We are all about open knowledge share and self-improvement. We believe that “Data Science is a team sport.”
- Work as part of a product team in defining, prototyping and implementing data science models for credit risk models for a variety of financial products and other supporting DS initiatives
- Own end-to-end modeling initiatives and business outcomes/metrics which the data science model drives
- Help to make data science and data-driven decisions a part of the organization’s DNA
- Effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Mentor junior colleagues, conduct internal workshops and give talks
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear and concise manner
Experience and Skills
- Shoul have at least 2 years of hands-on experience in building, evaluating, and monitoring ML risk and consumer credit scoring models for financial products
- Solid understanding of mathematics and statistics
- Understand business concerns and formulate them as technical problems that can be solved using data and math/stats/ML
- Whiteboard some theory while at the same time rolling up your sleeves and get coding
- Effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience and excellent communication skills (English is required)
- Work independently to solve problems and develop solutions
- Write model documentation clearly, concisely, and support recommendations with findings
- Proven Python, SQL, and Shell skills
About the Team
At Gojek’s Financial Services Platform Team, we wake up thinking about better ways to expand access to savings, insurance, loans, and investments to all Indonesians. We build financial products with partners and deploy at scale to our hundreds of thousands of GoFood merchants, 1 million+GoRide/GoCar drivers, tens of millions of users. We’re looking for talented new colleagues to join us on our mission of universal access to financial services.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.