Senior Product Designer - Transport
Design – Design /
About the Role
Are you someone who's looking to solve problems that matter? Are you someone who thrives on the balance of business goals and users' needs?Are you looking to work with people who see failures as growth opportunities? Well, we have good news for you! Gojek Design is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join us on an adventure of designing the future of transport in Southeast Asia. We're offering a playground to experiment and ship exceptional solutions to a diverse set of problems. You'll be working with Gojek leaders to define the roadmap, goals, and vision of the product and spearhead the stride to deliver exceptional user experiences. Your designs will impact tens of millions of Gojek users who use our products daily and millions of drivers whose livelihood depends on them. Even though you might not have a suit that shoots webs, if your spidey sense starts tingling whenever you see a user in distress, we've been looking for YOU. Remember, with great power comes great responsibility.
What You Will Do
- Help define the roadmap, goals, and vision for the product
- Work with design leads, product heads, and engineers to build/improve user experience toward that vision
- Manage projects, solve complex problems & deliver delightful solutions that drive impact
- Create stellar design documentation & help establish processes to ensure seamless collaboration
- Mentor junior designers and help 'em to grow, so they can be awesome, just like you!
- And most importantly, Play games & rant it out with the team during chill-out sessions. Well, sometimes we all need to blow off some steam, don't we?
What You Will Need
- At least 4 years of experience in product design, but even after all those years, still be willing to learn new things!
- Proficient in Product design with extensive and demonstrated expertise in visual hierarchy, layout, and information architecture
- Able to draw insights from both qualitative & quantitative data and further identify problem areas to work on
- Possess good knowledge in design fundamentals such as design thinking framework and have a structured way of approaching problems
- Excellent organizational, project management & collaboration skills to manage a wide range of stakeholders
Be passionate about something. From movies to video games, haute couture to streetwear, design ethics to gamification, or anything really. We'd love to geek out with you!
About the Team
Gojek Design Team (we’re a family of 100 now) creates products and services with one goal in mind, "to design products that users love.” The team believes that with creation, there's always iteration. So, we always try to evolve and improve the quality of our products and services. Our main job might be solving user’s problems with design, but in our free time, we binge reality shows (looking at you, Bling Empire), listen to upbeat music and dance it out or take a nap coz who doesn’t love napping. But, we always remember “to design is to drive impact” and we forever live by it!
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.