Senior Quality Engineer - Transport
Engineering – Quality Assurance /
About the Role
One of the best parts about traveling is getting to interact with international folk. Thanks to the glorious Internet, you can do this from right where you are as our Senior Quality Engineer. While based in Jakarta, Indonesia, this role will allow you to oversee our Transport teams in international markets outside of Indonesia, including Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, and Singapore. Specifically, you'll design test plans and cases, develop automation scripts, perform exploratory tests, and set up test automation frameworks for all Transport teams to utilize. You will be the chief pilot of a diverse group of Quality Engineers stationed in different parts of this region, banding together to propel our beloved Gojek to all corners of the globe💪
What You Will Do
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Design, develop, and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet day-to-day needs
- Test the features and perform exploratory testing on Android and iOS, backend API, and Web apps
- Create & manage bug reports and work closely with the product team, including PM, Designers, Developers, and QA right from the inception of features; design new/ enhance existing test suites based on business requirements
- Execute the test cases and report relevant issues to relevant stakeholders
- Own the quality of features and the delivery of the entire feature
- Set up test automation frameworks for products across Backend, iOS, Android, and Web
What You Will Need
- At least 4 years of experience in professional testing
- Deep knowledge of Manual & Automation test methodologies and principles
- Experience working with Web, Mobile, and API tests (both manual & automation testing)
- Experience testing tools such as Jira, TestRail, Git, Appium, Selenium, RestAssured, TestNG, Cucumber, Mocha, Chai, and Jasmine
- Experience developing test automation frameworks from scratch is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile process management, SCM(Git/SVN), CI/CD tools like Jenkins, gitlab, circleci
- Knowledge of core business rationality, algorithms, datasets, and able to perform low-level System and Data Analysis
About the Team
Our Transport team currently consists of 100+ members - including engineers and product managers - based in Jakarta, Bangalore, and Singapore. Collectively, we run Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing business. We oversee all things related to our riders and driver partners' daily transport needs, and work tirelessly to provide solutions to them. It’s our job to ensure that our services run seamlessly in every city we operate in. Most recently, our team figured out that existing third party SDK for in-app live tracking of vehicles was not operating as smooth as we thought. Guess what? We fixed this by building our own live tracking SDK Navic. Right now, the big question we’re trying to solve is: How can we bring more users to our platform?
We, the Transporters, do know how to play hard, too. Since WFH started last year, we've been trying our best to make it as interesting as possible. In fact, a lot of us are enjoying WFH more than we thought we would! We often play games online like Among Us and Sketchful, and enjoy virtual chill-out sessions where we catch up on our personal lives.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.