Internal Controls & Compliance - Lead
Risk & Compliance – Risk & Compliance /
About the Role
As a part of the Group Internal Controls & Compliance team, you are responsible for the conceptualization, design, development, and operationalization of compliance programs within GoTo Companies.
You will focus on the establishment of the group compliance policies, implementation guidelines for operating companies (OpCo), and the communication program/strategy. You will also maintain the oversight of OpCo compliance activities along with its control environment. Essentially, you will ensure compliance with the relevant laws and regulations, group code of conduct, group policies, and international standards of good practices. You will work closely with multi-stakeholders for proactive and key compliance requirements.
What You Will Do
- Carry out corporate compliance activities and to ensure compliance with the applicable local laws, rules, regulations, and standards, code of conduct, or company policies.
- Develop, maintain and operationalize the group compliance policies along with the implementation guidelines (framework/standards), including the compliance risks assessment activities.
- Design group training & communication programs and regularly sensitizing senior management, relevant employees, and business partners regarding key compliance risks.
- Maintain group reporting (whistleblowing) channel and misconduct case management, including the remediation/corrective action, and to the extent of necessary process improvement activities.
- Provide regular oversight activities to ensure OpCo implements required key controls to minimize compliance risks (aligned with group compliance standards).
- Work closely with various stakeholders e.g. Risk management, Legal, Finance, HR, to identify enhancements in compliance processes and play a driving role to implement system improvement/changes.
- Prepare and submit key periodic reports to senior management.
- Advise the various units/departments of any implications of relevant new regulations/regulatory changes and provide guidance on the proper and prompt implementation of procedures to comply with the requirement.
What You Will Need
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in compliance and/or internal controls management in a similar industry.
- Must have a deep understanding of compliance and internal control governance and framework, and must possess relevant knowledge in establishing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Preferable to have deep knowledge or experience in ethics & financial crime aspects, e.g. Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering, 3rd party management, sanction compliance, etc.
- Strong communication & presentation skills to interact with broad ranges of audiences or stakeholders with different backgrounds.
- Must be able to empathize and collaborate with various senior stakeholders from other functional teams.
- Must have a structured thought process and strong analytical ability.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively network within the industry and the businesses.
About the Team
GoTo IC & Compliance team’s objective is to set the right tone for good corporate governance practices for GoTo companies. To maintain the trust of our customers and all stakeholders and to ensure the reputation as safe and trusted platforms and services that our users count on and love to come back to.
Our team works together to prevent and detect red flags within our companies, design and build prevention and monitor programs to protect the company against any misconduct/non-compliances, and implement and enforce these programs at scale to build the risk & compliance culture. We partner closely with several cross-functional teams, to ensure high quality and safe experiences for businesses across the GoTo operating companies. We believe in working together as one team to solve issues that have high impact and scale.
This is an exciting time to join our family, as we’re focused on scaling this team to support GoTo current markets, businesses, and future product launches in existing markets, propelling our services to all corners of the globe. As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal growth and well-being, too. With WFH becoming more normalized, you best believe we’ve been sharing our favorite ways to prioritize a healthy work-life balance at home.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2021, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.