Data Engineering Manager
Data – Data Engineering /
About the Role
As GoPay is undergoing exponential growth, our data has followed the same growth curve. Thus, as an integral member of the Data Engineering team, you'll be at the epicenter of one of Southeast Asia's most coveted companies, and get to witness and solve the challenges that come with rapid scaling.
As our Data Engineering Lead for our Payments team, you'll focus heavily on building and scaling a data platform that enables and delivers reliable, trustworthy, and approachable data to our users. You'll also get to design, develop, and deploy applications with a high sense of ownership. Additionally, you’ll lead a lean team of Data Engineers and build robust data engineering products and infrastructures that'll propel the business to achieve their objectives through a data-driven approach. The core data platforms you’ll build will deliver, model, and curate data for the entire Gojek Payments platform.
What You Will Do
- Build a highly scalable and fault tolerant data streaming platform to process and analyze a large volume of messages in real time
- Mentor the team, recognize their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their deliverables
- Oversee containerization and deployment of microservices on Kubernetes
- Design and deploy the data engineering applications on Google Cloud Platform
- Manage the auto-scaling and monitoring performances of the Infrastructure using Prometheus and Grafana, or similar tools
- Define the system level objectives of the data engineering products and meet those SLOs
- Set up Infrastructure as a code using Terraform and Chef
What You Will Need
- At least 8 years of working experience in data engineering, with experience leading a team and building data engineering applications on a large-scale distributed computing infrastructure in a cloud environment
- A visionary in technical architecture, with experience building and maintaining Data Engineering Products, along with demonstrated ability to take accountability for achieving results
- In-depth experience in containerization, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Good understanding of programming languages; proficiency in Java
- Experience building real-time streaming applications using Kafka and Flink
- Experience working with Agile methodologies, Test Driven Development and implementing CI/CD pipelines using Gitlab and Docker
- Experience managing distributed systems like Elasticsearch/MongoDB and a server-less data warehouse like BigQuery or Redshift
About the Team
As GoPay scales rapidly, the need for creating a reliable and scalable data infrastructure becomes increasingly more important. Our Data team is a newly established family, with members stationed across Singapore and India. We’re responsible for running hundreds of instances and deployments across all of our payment products, directly impacting millions of users every single day. Most recently, we've worked on building products that reduce the overall time to model, curate, and access data, streamlining our efficiency and internal processes significantly.
Combating remote work has brought us even closer, with frequent catch-ups over tea and sharing ways we have been keeping ourselves sane. Along with our desire to utilize smart technology and innovative engineering strategies to make people’s lives easier, our team also bonds over our shared love for reading, gaming, and drinking lots of coffee. We work hard and play hard, and believe it or not, we actually enjoy each other’s company!
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2021, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.