Senior Full Stack Engineer - Risk
Engineering – Fraud and Risk /
About the Role
Fasten your helmet and climb on board if you’re ready to be our next Full Stack Engineer. In this role, you will be an integral player in the Fraud Team based in Indonesia. Your main objective will be to build backend services for Gojek’s fraud detection platform. You'll work extensively with Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and Product Managers to detect and prevent fraudulent and/or abusive behaviors to ensure a trusted and fair core platform for our customers, driver-partners, and merchant-partners alike. You'll have ample opportunity to flex your collaboration and leadership skills, getting us even closer to our ultimate goal of creating a seamless app that will transport Gojek to all corners of the globe.
What You Will Do
- Write great quality, scalable, and maintainable code
- Build and manage a fully automated build/test/deployment environments
- Build a core platform to enable new features on our big data and micro-services oriented architecture
- Practice quality engineering, through TDD, agile on a cutting-edge stack
- Lead technical projects from planning to implementation with data scientists and the fraud engineering team
What You Will Need
- At least 5 years of relevant full-stack engineering experience with solid Computer Science fundamentals
- Familiarity with either Java or Golang, or a similar programming language
- Experience with distributed systems, large-scale data processing, backend systems engineering, as well as data modeling experience in Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in cloud platforms and solutions (GCP / AWS preferred)
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery implementation
- Deep understanding of Agile methodologies (TDD, Pair Programming)
- Experience in Data Streaming and Computation Frameworks (Spark, Kafka, Flink, Beam) and familiarity of production environments with large data sets (DevOps tools: Docker, Kubernetes)
About the Team
Our Risk/Fraud Engineering team is a talented family of engineers stationed across Jakarta, Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand. The safety of Gojek’s platform is our top priority; our efforts impact the user experience and financials, among many other things. We play a critical role in ensuring the most credible and reliable tech platform for our users, driver partners, and merchant partners in our ecosystem. Partnering closely with the Risk department, subject matter experts, product managers, and engineers, we work to deliver bold solutions to reduce fraud and abuse on the platform. We also enable the Product teams to save money & ensure enhanced user experiences through our microservices, automation(s), and analytical services.
We’re a high-performing, tight-knit team who are committed to the safety and growth of the company, as well as each other’s personal growths and wellbeing. Pre-Covid, factions of our team would enjoy catching up over a round of drinks after work. However, with WFH becoming more normalized, we've been sharing our favorite ways to prioritize a healthy work-life balance at home. This includes ample “fun” Zoom calls where we discuss our latest tech-related findings we find interesting.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.