Android Engineer, Financial Services Platform
Engineering – Mobile Engineering
At Gojek’s Financial Services Platform Team, we wake up thinking about better ways to expand access to savings, insurance, loans, and investments to all Indonesians. We build financial products with partners and deploy at scale to our hundreds of thousands of GoFood merchants, 1 million+GoRide/GoCar drivers, tens of millions of users. We’re looking for talented new colleagues to join us on our mission of universal access to financial services.
- Design and build highly scalable, reliable and fault tolerant systems for one of the world's fastest growing unicorns
- Quickly grasp concepts, problems and implement solutions with guidance
- Unit test code for robustness, usability and reliability
- Contribute to the evolution of the technology, product and experience
- Coordinate with cross functional teams (Backend, DevOps, Design etc.) on planning and execution
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively across cross functional teams in a global environment
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of hands on experiences in developing and testing apps on Android for large scale applications
- Hands on experience and strong proficiency but not limited to Kotlin with strong foundations in Java, OOPs, Design Patterns, Clean Code fundamentals
- Good understanding of interactive application development paradigm
- Working knowledge with dagger, http, retrofit, rxjava, butterknife, bolts, glide, espresso, mockito, powermock or equivalent libraries on Android
- Ability to understand the dependent system/sub-systems and troubleshoot issues effectively
- Well versed with Agile methodologies, TDD and Test Engineering and Automation.
- Ability to understand and implement continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles.
- Excellent communication skills (English is required)
Gojek is a technology startup based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Specialising in ride-hailing and logistics, we are also the only company in Southeast Asia to be part of Fortune's 50 Companies That Changed the World (2017).
Gojek is a Super App: one app with over 20 services including food delivery, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, massages, and many more.
Gojek is Indonesia’s first and fastest growing unicorn building an on-demand empire. Our total of 2,000,000 driver-partners collectively travel 16.5 million KM daily – making us Indonesia’s de-facto transportation choice.
Gojek is a verb! Gojek is a way of life!