Product Designer - Merchant Platform
Design – Design /
About The Role
Are you someone who's looking to solve problems that matter? Are you someone who thrives on the balance of business goals and users' needs? Are you looking to work with people who see failures as growth opportunities? This opportunity might be for you!
The Merchant Platform team is looking for a Product Designer to join us in our efforts to build the next generation merchant platform. The Merchant Platform team is responsible for the core user experience across the different merchant products like GoBiz app and the GoBiz Dashboard. Product designers provide the user's point of view to the discussions and collaborate with the rest of the product & business team to ensure that users will end up with the best solution to the issue at hand.
You will be part of a team of designers working to simplify and design for complex problem areas of payouts, reporting, merchant onboarding, account & user management. For your assigned problem area you will be responsible for product design and collaborating with others on the team for creating a seamless merchant experience.
What You Will Do
- Work under the supervision of the product design lead and to improve user experience towards big goals to help the product reach their OKR
- Define the product briefs and be able to present the ideas/solution to the team under the supervision of the product design lead
- Effectively deliver features and improvements in a well-defined scope
- Define end-to-end wireframe and wireflow for features using standard wireframing tools
- Document the design process for each feature, such as research findings, ideations, usability testings, release, and monitor the impact after the product release
- Contribute to the team cadence discussion and make short presentation to the team, as well as present team’s updates if needed
- Responsible to get buy-in of your solution/ideas from stakeholders
- Proactively seek/give feedback from other stakeholders to make sure concepts are meeting the intended project goal
What You Will Need
- At least 2 years of experience in the product design industry
- Familiar with data and can identify problem areas, furtherly map out the user journey, and break these problems into smaller chunks
- Use basic analytics tools to gather customer data (funnel)
- Possess a good knowledge of design fundamentals such as design thinking framework and other frameworks in order to develop products
- Able to sketch the ideas into wireframes, learn how to make wireflow, and do wireframing for well-defined features
- Good knowledge of the tools such as Figma, Figjam, Overflow, Sketch, and other wireframing tools that are used in the design team, especially in product design roles
- Knowledge in design validation, either through quantitative or qualitative research
- Excellent organizational skills, project management, collaborative teamwork with a wide range of stakeholders
About The Team
The Merchant Platform Design team is a family of researchers, UX writers, product designers, illustrators and interaction design experts. We love coming together to create compelling experiences for our merchants. We explore, tinker, and invent new tools that allow our Merchants to scale and grow. It’s our job to ensure that we listen to and observe what our users want and make solutions they can trust and do business with.
In our free time, we love to discuss pop culture, science, conspiracy theories, horror stories, funny stories, and take naps (because who doesn't love a good nap?).Does this sound interesting to you? If you enjoy designing experiences for B2B use cases, we would love to talk to you. As the team expands, we also plan to experiment and rapid prototype with tools like IoT and AR/VR in the future, so if you have experience in that, we’d love to hear about that too!
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.