Senior Software Engineer (GoMerchant)
Engineering – Product Engineering /
About the Role
If you’re looking to be a part of a dynamic, highly-analytical team who enjoys building creative solution for users, look no further. As a Lead Software Engineer for GoMerchant, you will be handed the reins in delivering values for the customers along with deep technical expertise for Gojek. Along with collaboration with the business and products, you will be in charge of system design and create technical solution. Working closely with engineering manager and engineers, you will even get to driving innovation to improve the engineering process. The cherry on top: you’ll get to be a part of a team that works to provide a secure and reliable payment ecosystem for all Gojek's merchants.
What You Will Do
- Own design, strategy, and quality of software development for Merchant Payment
- Translate objectives into iterative MVPs, evaluate and then refactor into a scalable and extensible design
- Design & develop highly scalable, reliable, secure and fault-tolerant systems and code base with minimal guidance
- Research new technologies and tools to optimize development efficiency and improve customer experience
What You Will Need
- Should have at least 6 years of relevant software development experience with consumer/enterprise products with hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing, and deploying large-scale applications
- Proficient in OOP, SQL, Design Patterns and software best practices
- Possess data modeling experience in Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in troubleshooting server performance - such as memory issues, GC tuning, and resource leaks
- Well-versed with Agile methodologies, TDD, CI/CD, and Test Engineering Automation
- Able to design and implement low latency RESTful/GRPC services & experience in Golang/Ruby/Clojure/Java (and a willingness to learn others) & infra-related such as: Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, and Kafka
- Excellent understanding of interactive application development paradigm, memory management, performance/resource optimizations, database interactions, network programming, concurrency and multithreading, fault tolerance, monitoring, security, and operability of systems
- Possess knowledge in high level system architecture design and low level details on how framework/platform works
About the Team
Our GoMerchant squad currently consists of passionate engineers based in Jakarta, Singapore, and Gurgaon who run Southeast Asia’s leading selling platform for online and onsite merchants. We oversee all things related to empowering business owners and work to create payment gateway solution. It’s our job to ensure that our merchants received payment seamlessly using 10+ payment channel ranging from card acceptance to convenience stores. The big question that we’re always trying to solve is: How to create more smooth and safe digital experience to our merchants?
While our team is based all over the region, we are a tight-knit group who are bonded by two things: good technology and good bread 🙌. For real - our weekly conversations range from the latest breakthroughs in mobile technology to the best sourdough bread recipes out there (WFH has indeed made us into make-believe bread connoisseurs). But whether you like your bread with butter or olive oil, or stay as far away from it as possible (teach us how), we’d be stoked to have you join the fam!
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.