Senior Software Engineer - Financial Services
GTF - Engineering – Financial Services /
About the Role
As part of Money Management POD focusing on Investment, you will play an important role in development of investment product and execution of business strategy. You will be working very closely with the business development manager, product manager, quality assurance team and other engineers to achieve timely quality deliverables.
What You Will Do
- Pair with team members on functional and non-functional requirements and spread design philosophy, goals, and improvements to code quality across the team
- Design and develop highly scalable, reliable, secure and fault-tolerant systems with minimal guidance
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Hardware, Product, Mobile, DevOps, UX, Data Science, Data Engineering, QA, etc.) on planning and execution
- Split complex engineering task into smaller components, which can then be developed by junior engineers on the team
- Anticipate sprint blockers and help junior engineers to solve blockers
- Research new technologies and tools, speaking and participating in tech conferences to carry the Gojek brand throughout the community
- Deep dive and debug production issues across services and levels of the stack when needed
- Coordinate and communicate with different internal/external teams daily—stay in close communication with product manager and engineering manager to execute the feature roadmap efficiently
What You Will Need
- At least 4 years of relevant software development experience (preferably within finance related fields)
- Hands-on experience in developing, testing, and deploying applications
- Ability to learn or use Go or Java programming language
- Understanding of concepts like HTTP/GRPC, idempotency, concurrency, database consistency and transactionality, asynchronous programming, fault tolerance and monitoring, performance, feature flags, and backward compatibility
- Understanding of a mobile application’s interaction with back-end and other systems
- Deep understanding of relational databases; ability to design performant, easy-to-understand architectures and know-how for applying changes with no downtime to production systems
- Have some experience with infrastructure related tools and concepts such as Kubernetes, Kafka, RDS, AWS, GCP
About the Team
Our GoPay team consists of 400+ zealous folk based in Jakarta, Indonesia. As Nasi Goreng is to the people of Indonesia, we are to Gojek: providing the nourishment to sustain our business from the inside out. We run and oversee one of Southeast Asia's largest e-money wallet platforms and Indonesia's leading digital payments provider. Our service is now accepted by over 300,000 online and offline merchants in Indonesia alone, with our ecosystem processing US$6.3 billion of annualized Gross Transaction Value in 2018. But, the growth of Payments does not stop here. We are hungry for more. We intend to become the largest payment and financial services group in Southeast Asia. It's our job to ensure that this number grows, and more importantly, that anyone utilizing our platform is given the most seamless payment experience possible. How does one achieve this, you may ask? By collaborating diligently with our users to understand the daily obstacles they face in the payment arena, then crafting our products and services to aid these issues. Our Money Management vertical is a brand new team being formed within the GoPay platform. This team will be in charge of managing anything money. They’ll work cross-functionally with stakeholders ranging from Strategy, Marketing, Product, Data, driving impact through collaboration. As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal and professional growths, too. Along with a common drive to jump over technical barriers and provide sustainable solutions, our team bonds over our shared love for tea, movies, and TV shows. With WFH becoming more normalized, you best believe we’ve been sharing our favorite ways to prioritize a healthy work-life balance at home (Netflix, anyone?)
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.