Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure Engineering - GoPay
Engineering – Infrastructure /
About the Role
As our Senior Software Engineer for the Infrastructure Engineering Payments platform, you'll play an integral part in designing solutions for Indonesia’s leading digital payments platform. You’ll spend your time writing elegant, bulletproof code, enhancing the platform’s engineering strategy, mentoring a talented troop of engineers, driving critical projects, and designing microservices to further evolve our payments system. With this team, you'll be presented with ample opportunities to tackle challenging problems and build systems from scratch. Your efforts will directly improve the productivity of our engineers, and contribute in redefining the payments ecosystem in Indonesia, bringing wider and more inclusive financial services to the region and beyond.
What You Will Do
- Be one of the primary contributors on delivery and technical aspects of initiatives within the infrastructure engineering team; example initiatives: a) Build process, automation, and software to provide self-service application for product engineers to provision and configure tasteful components reliably and in timely manner; b) Identify and build a disaster recovery solution to minimize single point of failure within our infrastructure; c) Build process and automation to provide high availability solution to our stateful components
- Bring in-depth knowledge of cloud infrastructure to the team and enhance the engineering quality
- Be a hands-on senior engineer, contributing to design philosophies and utilizing the practices you'll develop for the team
- Mentor and provide advice to more junior engineers, guiding them in making sound architectural decisions, improving their code quality, and helping them out of their comfort zone
- Build and manage fully automated build/test/deployment environments
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with key stakeholders among Engineering Payments team in a global environment
- Continuously improve code quality, product execution, and customer delight
- Collaborate with the security team to improve the security of our platform
What You Will Need
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing, deploying, and managing distributed applications or services in either Golang, Ruby, Rust, Python or other similar general purpose languages
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience in operating large scale cloud infrastructure deployments
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills focused on improving collaboration, understanding, and information exchange across all stakeholders
- Solid understanding of distributed system fundamentals and ability to troubleshoot issues in a larger distributed infrastructure, including concepts from unit-level (e.g. operating system, resources management) to systems level (e.g. networking, observability, high-availability).
- Professional experience in working with key technologies that are used by the team, including: Infrastructure as Code tools, configuration management system, container technologies, container orchestrators, and schedulers (Kubernetes)
- All professional experience within a Linux / Unix environment
About the Team
Our GoPay team consists of 100+ zealous folk based in Jakarta and Bangalore. As Nasi Goreng is to the people of Indonesia, we are to Gojek: providing the nourishment to sustain our business from the inside out. We run and oversee one of Southeast Asia's largest e-money wallet platforms and Indonesia's leading digital payments provider.
Our service is now accepted at over 300,000 online and offline merchants in Indonesia alone, with our ecosystem processing US$3.6 billion of annualized Gross Transaction Value. But, the growth of Payments does not stop here. We are hungry for more. We intend to become the largest payment and financial services group in Southeast Asia. It's our job to ensure that this number grows, and more importantly, that anyone utilizing our platform is given the most seamless payment experience possible. How does one achieve this, you may ask? By collaborating diligently with our users to understand the daily obstacles they face in the payment arena, then crafting our products and services to aid these issues.
As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal and professional growths, too. Along with a common drive to jump over technical barriers and provide sustainable solutions, our team bonds over our shared love for tea, movies, and TV shows. With WFH becoming more normalized, you best believe we’ve been sharing our favorite ways to prioritize a healthy work-life balance at home (Netflix, anyone?😜).
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.