Senior Software Engineer- IOS
Engineering – Product Engineering /
About the Role
As a ICP - iOS Engineer, you are expected to build, release, and maintain a large-scale iOS application. You will also be responsible for working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, trends, and emerging technologies. In this role, you will work closely with the product management team and cross-functional teams (Product Engineer, DevOps, Data, UX, QA, etc) to define, plan and execute the feature roadmap and to build robust, well-designed API contracts.
What You Will Do
- Design, build and improve the iOS mobile experiences
- Enabling and building personal, interconnected, Geo-location-leveraging mobile products and experiences compatible with low bandwidth and often unreliable internet connections
- Improves code structure and architecture in service of testability and maintainability
- Build reusable iOS software components for interfacing with multiple application
- Responsible for formulating and creating clear and efficient technical documentation
- Implements code that is clear, concise, performant, tested, and easily understood by others. Automates repeated manual tasks to improve self/stream’s productivity
What You Will Need
- Should have at least 3 years of experience with iOS development
- Proficient in Swift programming, Cocoa, Xcode, and the iOS SDK
- Deep knowledge in iOS Apps architecture and implementation
- Ability to write model code for functional and non-functional requirements and help improve the code quality standard across the team
- Working experience with popular libraries for networking, async, image loading, etc
- Well-versed with Agile methodologies, TDD and Test Engineering and Automation
About the Team
The ICP team is responsible for making sure that our millions of customers can securely log in to our applications anywhere in the world, and also helping all our products communicate securely and with confidence with our users. At its core, this is a unique team that interfaces directly with the end-user and at the same time serves other product teams, thus providing an opportunity to do both iterative product building with end-users as well as well-documented API first products.
You’ll learn about the engineering, fraud, and security teams, among others, collaborate to solve issues. Since most of your API customers would be in-house, this position also provides an opportunity to influence our product groups on new technologies and practices you believe in.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.