Senior Software Engineer - Commerce Enablement
Business Solutions – Engineering /
About the Role
At Gojek, engineering is central to everything we do: bringing our ideas to life and into the lives of our users. As our Software Engineer for the Commerce Enablement group, you’ll be part of the team building some of the most critical products for Gojek’s merchant-partners. Working alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry across design, product, and engineering, you’ll focus your efforts on designing and implementing products for a massive network of small, medium and large businesses, improving overall application performance, code structure, and developing robust, well-designed software systems. Your ownership, drive, and passion will help provide for a world-class user experience and heightened stability of our CE products, and directly augment the growth of millions of Southeast Asian merchant-partners.
What You Will Do
- Translate Commerce Enablement goals into iterative MVPs, evaluate, and then refactor into a scalable and extensible design
- Pair with team members on functional and non-functional requirements and spread design philosophy, goals, and improvements to code quality across the team
- Design and develop highly scalable, reliable, secure and fault-tolerant systems with minimal guidance
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Hardware, Product, Mobile, DevOps, UX, Data Science, Data Engineering, QA, etc.) on planning and execution
- Split complex engineering task into smaller components, which can then be developed by junior engineers on the team
- Build and manage automated build/test/deployment environments
- Research new technologies and tools, speaking and participating in tech conferences to carry the Gojek brand throughout the community
What You Will Need
- At least 4 years of relevant software development experience with consumer/merchant products; hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing, and deploying large scale applications
- Deep understanding of Microservices (HTTP & GRPC), programming languages like Golang, Java (with RxJava), & Postgresql DevOps: Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, & Flink
- Proficiency in OOP, Reactive Programming, SQL, Design Patterns, Functional Programming
- Data modeling experience in Relational and NoSQL databases
- Ability to implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Well-versed with Agile methodologies, TDD and Test Engineering and Automation
About the Team
The Commerce Enablement team is a family of 120+ engineers based in Jakarta, Singapore, and India. We consistently strive to implement solutions that allow our merchant-partners in Indonesia (and the greater Southeast Asian region) to sell their products both online and offline. We also work to improve the merchant-partner experience by product innovation and integration with the rest of the Gojek ecosystem.
Internally, we promote a culture of engineering excellence, learning, and guided career growth. We advocate sustainable engineering practices, innovation, and working smart more so than working hard. We aim to be a world-class organization, implementing world-class solutions, with world-class engineers leading the way.
Our portfolio of products include merchant-facing solutions that enable our subscribed merchant-partners to sell their goods and services both online and offline. Southeast Asia is a highly dynamic market, where products have to react promptly to market trends and shifts, and where product managers and business leads need the flexibility to experiment and iterate fast. With that in mind, from an engineering perspective, our challenges are to evolve a general platform for e-commerce that is sufficiently versatile to support rapid product iterations across multiple products, as well as scaling up to an ever-growing user-base. To tackle these challenges, we have adopted event-driven architectural patterns in our engineering designs, as well as agile practices across all our day-to-day processes.
This COVID era has been hard on all of us. Off-hours, we are doing our best to stay in touch and continue to bond through fun online activities. Once COVID is over, we are looking forward to resuming our regular team-wide social activities such as dinner-and-drinks evenings and team off-sites.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2021, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.