Senior Interaction Designer
Design – Design /
About the Role
They say no man does it alone, and this holds true here at Gojek. As our Interaction Designer, you’ll be part of the Design team that directly impacts Gojek’s SuperApp experience. Your main objective will be crafting user-centric products and experiences, into - functional - beautiful and delightful interfaces as well as micro-interactions.
Product managers, developers, product designers, and UX writers will be your companions during this ride. Best yet, you’ll have the opportunity to flex your solid design skills, getting us even closer to our ultimate goal of designing user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction in our SuperApp.
What You Will Do
- Contribute to the roadmap and strategic level of interaction designers function
- Work closely with product designers under the designated steam/product to execute complex features or product wireframes, and follow the predefined process that set by the product team
- Effectively present ideas and design rationale based on the product requirements
- Deliver excellent quality the look and feel of a wireframe into the hi-fidelity user interface using our design system
- Understand the data or research insight into the design decisions to solve complex problem
- Consistently to evolving, maintain, adopt, involvement in the the design system and advocate for the use of Asphalt design system
- Work closely with front-end engineers and product designer to deliver design specifications under supervision of design lead
- Delivers advanced prototype based on the product requirement with good functionality for design review and usability testing purpose
What You Will Need
- At least 4 years of experience in product design industry
- Master of craftsperson in the interaction design discipline within the human-centered design methodologies, usability heuristics, visual hierarchy
- Expert on how computers and humans interact, and master the basics such as color, space, typography, hierarchy, and paddings and grids
- Proficient in interaction design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Protopie, and/or other industry design and prototyping tools
- Expert on with the platform that you are building such as mobile app, website
- Expert on the fundamentals of design systems and how it works at scale
- Attention to details and ability to structure design system/components for an easy-handoff to a large team of engineers
- Excellent organizational, project management, collaborative teamwork with wide range or stakeholders
About the Team
Our Gojek design squad currently consists of 100+ designers spread across 2 countries and ~7 teams based in Bengaluru and Jakarta who run Southeast Asia’s leading SuperApp. We oversee all things responsible for Gojek's Design and envision and create products and services that meaningfully improve the lives of our users in 24+ products. It’s our job to ensure that the SuperApp runs seamlessly.
We have people from a wide range of backgrounds and skills. We envision, create and support products and services that meaningfully improve the lives of our users.
Over the last 5 years, we have continuously evolved our processes, improved the quality of our outcomes, expanded our reach within the organisation, and relentlessly advocated for our customers. We value constructive criticism, passionate debates, hard challenges and keeping work fun. Our weekly conversations range from the latest breakthroughs in design, technology to the best sourdough bread recipes out there (WFH has indeed made us into make-believe bread connoisseurs). But whether you like your bread with butter or olive oil, or stay as far away from it as possible (teach us how), we’d be stoked to have you join the fam!
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.