Machine Learning & Big Data, Software Engineer
Science – Machine Learning
This role is for you if you are passionate about software engineering and are also familiar with the data science stack. It requires close collaboration with data scientists so a basic understanding of machine learning concepts is also very useful.
What You'll Do
- Design and build our Machine Learning Platform to help data scientists productionize their models and features faster
- Engineer high-reliability, high-performance services for sophisticated ML-driven functionality
- Collaborate with data scientists to optimize ML models for high-throughput, low-latency use cases
- Build internal tools and interfaces to improve the productivity of the team and improve the accessibility of our products
What You'll Need
- At least 3 years as a software engineer
- Fluent in one of Go, Python, and Java. Python and Go preferred. Good understanding of algorithms and data structures, design patterns
- Understand Agile software development practices such as test-driven development, pair programming, etc
- Experience with relational databases. Experience with non-relational databases is a plus
- Experience with cloud environments and cloud deployment technology (Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm) is a huge plus
- Experience with web services and microservice architectures is a plus
- Experience with modern Web development (full stack) is a plus
- Basic data science knowledge and familiarity with ML libraries such as Pandas, Scikit, Tensorflow, xgboost, Keras is a huge plus
- Experience with Big Data processing frameworks such as Spark and Flink is a plus. Experience with ML frameworks such as TFX, Kubeflow, and MLflow is a plus
Bonus Points If
- Data science knowledge and familiarity with ML libraries such as Pandas, Scikit, Tensorflow, xgboost, Keras
- Experience developing for and debugging Big Data and stream processing frameworks such as Spark, Kafka, and Flink. Experience with ML frameworks such as TFX, Kubeflow, and MLflow is a plus
The Data Science Platform (DSP) team is tasked with building out AI capabilities throughout Gojek. We are building out these capabilities through both our Machine Learning Platform and also by building solutions that bridge data science and product engineering.
Our work encompasses:
- Collaboration with data scientists and product teams in the development of innovative AI solutions
- Development of an end-to-end platform that enables ML practitioners to rapidly experiment and deliver AI solutions to production
- Production support for all systems deployed to the platform, thus freeing up data scientists from the operational burden while benefiting from economies of scale
- Use of our domain expertise to enable AI innovation throughout Gojek in the form of wide collaboration, education, and the introduction of best practices
This role requires a deep understanding of the machine learning life cycle and how data scientists turn hypotheses into production systems. You will be tasked with designing and building the products that data scientists leverage at each stage of the machine learning life cycle, ensuring a rapid time to market for ML projects.
Gojek Data Science works on some of the most interesting problems in transport, logistics, and economics. We leverage machine learning to build data products for ride-hailing, logistics, food delivery, and payments. From selecting the right driver to dispatch, to dynamically setting prices, serving food recommendations, forecasting real-world events, detecting fraud and preserving trust, we process hundreds of millions of orders per month, across more than 18 products, in four countries. All are driven by machine learning.
Gojek is a technology startup based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Specialising in ride-hailing and logistics, we are also the only company in Southeast Asia to be part of Fortune's 50 Companies That Changed the World (2017).
Gojek is a Super App: one app with over 20 services including food delivery, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, massages, and many more.
Gojek is Indonesia’s first and fastest growing unicorn building an on-demand empire. Our total of 2,000,000 driver-partners collectively travel 16.5 million KM daily – making us Indonesia’s de-facto transportation choice.
Gojek is a verb! Gojek is a way of life!