Product Designer - GoPay
Design – Design /
About the Role
They say no one does it alone, and this holds particularly true for this role. As a Product Designer, you’ll be part of the team that manages GoPay - Southeast Asia's largest payment application. With extensive knowledge of technical design elements and an interest in understanding user preferences, you will tackle any issues with a powerful combination of well-defined flow, wireframes, information architecture, user journeys, and/or storyboards. Product managers and engineers will be your companions during this ride. Best yet, you’ll have the opportunity to flex your solid design skills, getting us even closer to our ultimate goal of designing groundbreaking, formidable, and highly effective products for Gojek.
What You Will Do
- Focus on user experience in particular 1 stream (Payment Experience) and managing expectations with Product and engineering teams
- Influence product and engineering to take up design backlog that eases user pain point or increase delightful experience like improving micro-interaction
- Work more on a diverse problem where analysis and data-driven approach is needed and become a key contributor with product manager to stream-level strategy & OKRs
- Effectively delivers new feature/feature improvements for products that are already well-defined in scope
- Define the product briefs and be able to present the ideas/solution to the team
- Document the design process for each feature, such as research findings, ideations, usability testings, release, and monitor the impact after the product release
- Contribute to the team cadence discussion and make a short presentation to the team, as well as present team’s updates if needed
- Proactively seek/give feedback from other stakeholders to make sure concepts are meeting the intended project goal
What You Will Need
- At least 3 years of experience in the product design industry.
- Familiar with data and can identify problem areas, furtherly map out the user journey, and break these problems into smaller chunks
- Experience in analytics tools to gather customer data
- Possess a good knowledge of design fundamentals such as design thinking framework and other frameworks in order to develop products
- Ability to sketch the ideas into a wireframe
- Good knowledge of the tools such as Overflow, Miro, Figma, and other wireframing tools that used in the design team especially product design roles
- Knowledge in design validation, either through quantitative or qualitative research
- Excellent organizational skills, project management, collaborative teamwork with a wide range of stakeholders
About the Team
Our Gojek design squad currently consists of 100+ designers (around 7 teams) spread across Bengaluru and Jakarta. We create products and services with one goal in mind: to design products that our users love. The team believes that with creation, there's always iteration. We utilize smart, innovative, and impactful design to evolve and improve the quality and characteristics of our products and services, and even to solve various user issues. Our team's motto is "to design is to drive impact" - which powers everything we do as a team.
The Payment Experience stream aims to create a fast, simple, and seamless payment journey for all of our users. Our day-to-day jobs are to brainstorm and try creating various payment features that can make GoPay a more reliable and inclusive electronic wallet for diverse users’ payment needs. All that being said, we are expected to do a lot of coordination, strategic planning, crafting, directing, and problem-solving processes. If all of those excite you, don’t hold back to come to join us at GoPay.
While our team members are located all around the world, we are a tight-knitted group bonded by two things: good design and good bread. And we mean it to the literal level - our weekly conversations ranged from the latest design and technology breakthroughs to the best sourdough bread recipes out there (WFH has indeed made us into make-believe bread connoisseurs). But whether you like your bread with butter or olive oil, or just stay completely far away from it (do tell us how and why), we’d be stoked to have you join our fam!
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.