Product Designer - Ads and Promotions Platform
Design – Design /
About the Role
Joko runs a small warung (roadside restaurant) in a small town in Indonesia. He’s been using the GoBiz mobile app to sell on Gojek for the last few years, and it has changed his life. With his increased income, he has managed to open two more stalls and send his kids to college.
On the GoBiz app, he can create different kinds of promotions for the dishes he sells. However, he finds it hard to understand the numbers and graphs Gojek currently displays that tell him how well his promos and discounts are working. He also wants to inform more Gojek customers in his town about the new dishes that he creates but is not sure how to do that. As a designer on the Ads and Promos Platform, you will be helping nearly one million small and medium sellers or merchants like Joko across Indonesia, Singapore, and Vietnam.
The Ads and Promos Platform is a new team created at Gojek, helping merchants to understand their business, connect with more customers, and access new opportunities. The team has been growing at a really fast rate with millions of dollars of annual revenue and a design team that has grown 3x in the last 15 months.
What You Will Do
- Work under the supervision of the product design lead and to improve user experience towards big goals
- Define the product briefs and be able to present the ideas/solution to the team under the supervision of the product design lead
- Effectively deliver features and improvements in a well-defined scope
- Define end-to-end wireframe and user flows for features using standard wireframing tools
- Document the design process for each feature, such as research findings, ideations, usability testings, release, and monitor the impact after the product release
- Contribute in the team cadence discussion and make short presentation to the team, as well as present team’s updates if needed
- Responsible to get buy-in of your solution/ideas from stakeholders
- Proactively seek/give feedback from other stakeholders to make sure concepts are meeting the intended project goal
What You Will Need
- Should have at least 4 years of experience in the product design industry
- Familiar with data and can identify problem areas, further map out the user journey and break these problems into smaller chunks
- Use basic analytics tools to gather customer data (for example - where a user drops off in a funnel)
- Possess a good knowledge of design fundamentals (such as design thinking frameworks) in order to develop products
- Be able to sketch your ideas into a wireframes for well defined features and be able to make end-to-end user flows
- Have a good knowledge of the tools such as Figma, Overflow, Miro, Sketch and other wireframing tools that are used in the design team especially for product design roles
- Knowledge in design validation, either through quantitative or qualitative research
- Excellent organizational skills, project management, collaborative teamwork with wide range of stakeholders
- Able to create prototype to validate ideas and features
- Able and willing to help mentor junior members
Bonus points if:
About the Team
Gojek Design envisions and creates products and services that meaningfully improve the lives of our users in 24+ products. We have continuously evolved our processes, improved the quality of our outcomes, expanded our reach within the organization, and relentlessly advocated for our customers. Our aim is not only to design the products, but also to educate everyone around us on what design is, and why it makes sense to always start with the users, and work backward from there.
As a part of Ads and Promos Design, you’d be joining a fast-growing design team, with experience across South East Asia. You’ll be working with senior PMs, business execs, and tech leaders to deliver high impact across nearly all verticals of the business.
Here are some really exciting ongoing projects that you’ll be a part of:
Demand Side: Help Joko to create ads and promos for their product, and figure out the best way to get them to customers
Core marketplace: Work with our data-science team on tools that help match Joko with customers who’d love the dishes he makes
Audiences and Analytics: Build data viz tools that will help Joko to understand how well his promos are doing, and recommend strategies that will increase his business
Supply Side: Help Joko get his dishes in front of customers inside the Gojek app, on channels like Youtube and TikTok, and even digital billboards!
Does this sound interesting to you? If you have prior design experience for B2B use cases, we would love to talk to you. As the team expands, we also plan to experiment and rapid prototype with tools like IoT and AR/VR in the future, so if you have experience in that, we’d love to hear about that too!
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.