Software Engineer - GET Thailand
Engineering – Product Engineering /
About GET Thailand
GET is an on-demand application, driven by a Thai founding team, with GO-JEK providing world-class technology, knowledge and expertise as well as investment. GET will provide a range of services for Thais, starting with transportation based services. GET was founded with the goal of using technology to improve life for Thais, providing them with access to products and services, helping to create more value for society, promoting efficiency and productivity and improving financial inclusion.
What you will do
- Design and develop highly scalable, available, reliable, secure and fault tolerant systems with minimal guidance for one of the world’s fastest growing companies in ride-hailing, payments, and logistics
- Translate business requirements into scalable and extensible design
- Participate in leading, mentoring and managing deliverables of a team of talented and highly motivated team of engineers
- Pair with team members on functional and nonfunctional requirements and spread design philosophy, goals and improve the code quality across the team
- Partner with the product management team to define and execute the feature roadmap
- Coordinate with cross functional teams (Mobile, DevOps, QA, etc.) on planning and execution
- Proactively manage stakeholder communication related to deliverables, risks, changes and dependencies
- Provide technology leadership to the team and foster engineering excellence
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively across cross functional teams in a global environment
- Building and managing automated build/test/deployment environments
- Research new technologies and tools that enable building the next generation of GET services
What you will need
- Ability to design and implement low latency RESTful services
- 2+ years of relevant software development experience
- 2+ years of hands on experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying large scale applications in Java or Golang. Experience with Clojure and Ruby is a plus
- Well versed with Agile methodologies, TDD and Test Engineering and Automation
- Ability to understand and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Deliver
- Proficient in OOP, including design patterns. Experience with functional programming is a plus
- Data modelling experience in Relational and NoSQL databases
- Deep knowledge of Linux as a production environment
- Prior experience with container and cloud technologies. Familiarity with GCP, Kubernetes, and Docker is a big plus
- Experience with message queuing systems, e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ, is a big plus
- Excellent understanding of interactive application development paradigm, memory management, performance/resource optimizations, database interactions, network programming, concurrency and multithreading, fault tolerance, monitoring, troubleshooting, security and operability of systems
- Continuously refactor applications to ensure high quality design
- Ability to plan, prioritize, estimate and execute releases with good degree of predictability
- Ability to scope, review and refine user stories for technical completeness and to alleviate dependency risks
- Passion to learn new things, solve challenging problems, and get stuff done!
- Good English communication skills
- Bonus: Basic understanding of web application development and security
- Mobile Allowance
- Free lunch
- Life and Health Insurance
- Variable Bonus
- Annual salary pay raise
- GET Pay Credit
- Provident Fund
- Social Security Insurance
- 12 days holiday + Special Leaves
- Flexible working hour
- Competitive Salary and Benefit
- Flexible Benefit
- Activities with company and team
- Game Room and Board Game with Team
- Young, fun and energetic team members
What we can offer
Gojek is an equal opportunity workplace that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Gojek we celebrate our differences, because we believe that diversity not only creates a healthier work environment for our employees, but also helps our business thrive.
Gojek is a technology startup based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Specialising in ride-hailing and logistics, we are also the only company in Southeast Asia to be part of Fortune's 50 Companies That Changed the World (2017).
Gojek is a Super App: one app with over 20 services including food delivery, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, massages, and many more.
Gojek is Indonesia’s first and fastest growing unicorn building an on-demand empire. Our total of 2,000,000 driver-partners collectively travel 16.5 million KM daily – making us Indonesia’s de-facto transportation choice.
Gojek is a verb! Gojek is a way of life!