Data Engineering Analytics - Financial Services
Data – Data Engineering /
About the Role
As our Data Engineer, you’ll be a crucial member of the Financial Services Platform at Gojek. In this role, you’ll take the wheel in building and scaling our Data Warehouse foundation that enables and delivers reliable and trustworthy data that affects our internal users, driver-partners, and merchant-partners alike. You’ll design, develop, and maintain the services for our data ingestion pipeline, ensuring the data is understandable, usable, and adheres to data governance policies. The folks in the Engineering, Business, Operations, and Data Science teams will be your companions on this ride; they’ll provide the data you’ll utilize in your daily tasks, while you act as a bridge between them and third parties.
What You Will Do
- Create data ingestion from various sources: RDBMS, Rest API, Kafka, Text File and Spreadsheet
- Design, develop, and maintain the services for the data ingestion pipeline; debug any data issues that may arise
- Deploy the data pipeline following data governance and data security requirements, and implement it with the data quality check on Google Cloud Platform
- Provide expert advice on data infrastructure, data architecture, and data modelling to your teammates
- Manage the auto-scaling and performance monitoring of the Infrastructure using Prometheus, Grafana, or similar tools
- Liaise with other Data teams within the Financial Services platform and GoTo company - such as the Data Science, Data Engineering, Data Governance, and Risk Analytics teams - to ensure that initiatives are aligned and data integrity standards are adhered to
- Drive the prioritization, strategy, and focus to solve user problems
What You Will Need
- At least 2 years of experience in data engineering, BI engineering, and data warehouse development
- Excellent command in programming languages, preferably in Python and Bash; knowledge of Java and Go is a plus
- Experience in managing a server-less data warehouse like BigQuery or Redshift
- Prior DevOps experience implementing large scale data stacks using any CI/CD tool and Docker
- Familiarity with schedulers like Airflow
- Experience in Kafka, Flink, and Spark is a plus
- Excellent spoken and written skills in English in order to communicate with stakeholders of various backgrounds, and with our international teams
About the Team
Financial services platform is Gojek’s financial services arm, working to provide responsible & sustainable financial services to Gojek's three main segments: consumers, merchant-partners, and driver-partners. Our team operates with the fundamental belief that financial inclusion can unlock the doors to a better quality life, both in the present as well as in the long term. With our "user first" mindset, we aim to transform the financial services sector in Southeast Asia, starting with Indonesia.
Our Data team, a financial data services sub-pod, is an established family with members stationed across Jakarta, India, and Singapore. We’re in charge of running hundreds of instances and deployments across all of our payment products, directly impacting millions of users every single day. Most recently, our team has built products that reduce the overall time to model, curate, and access data, streamlining our efficiency and internal processes significantly. In the coming year, in light of our new GoTo collaboration, we have exciting plans to scale up our team in efforts to field the massive growth of our data pool.
Combating remote work has brought us even closer, with frequent catch-ups over tea and sharing ways we have been keeping ourselves sane. Along with our desire to utilize smart technology and innovative engineering strategies to make people’s lives easier, our team also bonds over our shared love for reading, gaming, and drinking lots of coffee. We work hard and play hard, and believe it or not, we actually enjoy each other’s company!
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.