Software Engineer (Merchant Payment)
Engineering – Product Engineering /
About the Role
If you’re looking to be a part of a dynamic, highly-analytical team who enjoys building Merchant Payment innovations, look no further. As a Software Engineer for Merchant Payment t team, you will be handed the reins in delivering values for the customers along with technical expertise for Gojek. Along with developing the best user experience, you will be in charge of build advanced solution and collaborate with multiple stakeholders. Working closely with business and engineering team, you will even get to leverage cutting edge innovations to build exceptional product. The cherry on top: you’ll get to be a part of a team that works to creating a massive impact for large, medium, and small Southeast Asia’s businesses.
What You Will Do
- Translate GoMerchant’s goals into iterative MVPs, evaluate, and then refactor into a scalable and extensible design
- Pair with team members on functional and nonfunctional requirements and spread design philosophy, goals and improvements to code quality across the team
- Design and develop highly scalable, highly available, reliable, secure and fault-tolerant systems with minimal guidance
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Hardware, Product, Mobile, DevOps, UX, Data Science, Data Engineering, QA, etc.) on planning and execution
- Manage automated build/test/deployment environments
- Research new technologies and tools, speaking and participating in tech conferences to carry the Gojek brand throughout the community
What You Will Need
- At least 3 years of relevant software development experience with consumer/merchant products with hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications for large-scale applications
- Proficient in OOP, SQL, Design Patterns. Experience with functional programming is a plus
- Possess data modeling experience in Relational and NoSQL databases
- Able to implement Continuous Integration and Continuous DeliveryWell versed with Agile methodologies, TDD and Test Engineering and Automation
- Able to design and implement low latency RESTful/GRPC services
About the Team
Our Merchant Payments squad currently consists of passionate engineers based in Jakarta, Singapore, and Gurgaon. We run Southeast Asia’s leading selling platform for online and onsite merchants. It's our job to oversee all things related to empowering business owners, and to create a seamless and efficient payment gateway solution. We help accommodate our merchants' needs via our Gojek services to facilitate in managing and growing their businesses. The big question that we’re always trying to solve is: How can we better improve our digital experience for our merchants?
While our team is based all over the region, we are a tight-knit group who are bonded by two things: good technology and food 🙌. For real - our weekly conversations range from the tech updates and what’s new in GoFood we should order since no one in our team can’t cook. But whether you like to cook (teach us how!) or more into endless-scrolling-on the GoFood menu-team (we will tell you the best in town!), we’d be stoked to have you join the fam!
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.