Senior Data Scientist, Marketplace
Data – Data Science /
About the Role
As a company with over 20 services under one roof, Gojek is the ultimate playground for Data Scientists. In this role, you’ll get to mine insights from a sea of data, dream up short and long-term multi-channel demand generation & growth campaigns, and build ML/DS solutions that create asymmetric value to the business. You’ll also get to work with a troop of insanely talented business leads and Data scientists, and your efforts will impact how effectively Gojek’s growth and demand generation budget is deployed and spent.
What You Will Do
- Work with business stakeholders to understand business needs/issues, and formulate solutions that deliver well-defined, measurable results
- Develop and implement short and long term multi-channel demand generation and growth campaigns using advanced statistical and machine learning techniques
- Develop A/B testing strategies for demand generation campaigns
- Measure and analyze campaign success
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to design and build robust platforms that enable seamless campaign execution with DS/ML models
What You Will Need
- At least 5 years of practical experience in Python/R, shell scripting, SQL (these will be tested)
- An impact-driven mindset with a keen focus on driving key business metrics
- Prior experience with applied statistics, experimental design, machine learning, and Git version control is a must
- Experience experimenting on different modeling techniques (supervised and unsupervised learning) and developing data visualization for data stories
- Experience utilizing customer lifetime models, marketplace supply/demand, or causal inference methods for campaign effectiveness is a plus
- Strong ability to recognize business needs and effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders within the Product, Business, and Operations teams
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team environment
About the Team
Our Data Science team consists of over 20 Data Scientists stationed in Singapore.
As Chicken Rice is to the people of Singapore, the Data Science team is to Gojek: providing the nourishment and power to sustain our business from the inside out. Our main responsibility is to build data products for our ride-hailing, logistics, food delivery, and payments services. How does one achieve this, you may ask? By unleashing our capabilities in Machine Learning. From selecting the right driver to dispatch, to setting real-time price changes, to forecasting real-world events, to processing the hundreds of millions of orders per day across more than 20 products - all of this is driven by Machine Learning. We are working on several projects now, including one about how we can strategically position our driver-partners to improve our customer experience, and another regarding demand generation to grow our user base.
As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal growth and well-being, too. With WFH becoming more commonplace, our team works to prioritize different ways to maintain a healthy work-life balance more than ever before. Badminton and table tennis are current favorites, and we all share a love of hiking (yes, in Singapore! Bukit Timah Hill is no joke). That said, we do fancy ourselves a good Netflix binge every now and then. 😉
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.