Android Engineer - GoFood
Engineering – Mobile Engineering
GoFood is the food vertical of Gojek, which enables users to order food from restaurants via their Android and iOS apps.
GoFood Product Description
The mission of GoFood as a product is to provide its customers with the best possible selection of food at the most affordable price. GoFood is also a market place for restaurants to list their food items and increase their sales. GoFood also has its fleet of drivers with an app where they can accept food orders and earn their daily income out of food delivery. So overall, it’s an ecosystem consisting of consumers, merchants, and drivers which GoFood manages with the ultimate aim of providing the best user experience to consumers and growth for merchants and drivers.
What we have?
We currently have a team of 40+ engineers across 3 different locations Bangalore, Gurgaon, and Jakarta. GoFood being one of the largest online food delivery applications, the scale at which this team operates is phenomenal. GoFood has more than 300k merchants and more than 16 million dishes listed on its platform.
We are looking for:
Passionate, entrepreneurial developers with a drive for developing and deploying applications at scale, to join our GoFood Team in Jakarta. In this role, you will be responsible to design, develop and deploy Android applications aimed at improving customer experience on GoFood. You will also be responsible for the overall UX and high reliability of the Android application.
- Build and deploy features iteratively in production
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering and design teams across Gojek
- Build delightful user-facing experiences with smooth performance
- Mentor and provide feedback to colleagues, participate in organization building
- Participate in research trips to better understand the aspirations and pain points of our customers
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying large scale applications on the Android stack
- Deep understanding of the Android framework
- Experience developing in Java or Kotlin
- Experienced with writing testable code and unit tests
- Attention to detail, particularly around software engineering fundamentals, testing methodologies, and quality
- A strong customer focus
- Prior experience of a food based product startups is a plus
- Passion for learning new things, solving challenging problems
Gojek is a technology startup based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Specialising in ride-hailing and logistics, we are also the only company in Southeast Asia to be part of Fortune's 50 Companies That Changed the World (2017).
Gojek is a Super App: one app with over 20 services including food delivery, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, massages, and many more.
Gojek is Indonesia’s first and fastest growing unicorn building an on-demand empire. Our total of 2,000,000 driver-partners collectively travel 16.5 million KM daily – making us Indonesia’s de-facto transportation choice.
Gojek is a verb! Gojek is a way of life!