Head of Data, Driver & Ops
Data – Business Intelligence /
About the Role
Here at Gojek, nothing we do is ever described as “boring.” As our Head of Data, you’ll be the main orchestrator of the Driver & Operations platform data team team that works to achieve Gojek’s OKR. Your main responsibilities will be to oversee that the OKR is delivered in a timely manner. With your expertise in analytics and data science, you’ll be instrumental in helping to pilot our team so that we can have an environment of high performance and engagement.
What Will You Do
- Lead a team of data analysts, decision scientists and data scientists and create a high performance culture within the team
- Participate in crafting OKRs for Driver & Operations platform (together with HoB, HoP, and HoE)
- Ensure the timely delivery & quality of OKR components owned by the Data team
- Manage & communicate delivery timelines and respective risks to other Heads
- Be the escalation point of all Data functions within Driver & Ops platform
- Coordinate with functional Data leaders to ensure that a mission/project is properly staffed while there is right balance between being a scientist and being fast and fearless
- Drive regular cadences with the team to communicate the right information and to align on the future direction of the corresponding projects/missions
- Be up-to-date with business, market, and organization development
What You Will Need
- Bachelor degree in Information Management, Statistics or Engineering
- Master's degree, MBA/MSc or related programs preferred
- At least 10 years of relevant experience with a proven track record of leading teams and delivering business impact
- At least 3 years of people management experience [Hiring, coaching, growth]
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of analytical tools, including spreadsheets (excel, google sheets), database query language (SQL), relational databases, Tableau is preferred
About the Team
Our data squad currently consists of 20+ analysts and data scientists based in Bengaluru and Jakarta who run Southeast Asia’s leading product in transport, logistics, and food delivery. We oversee all things related to our driver partners and operation platform and work to support customer care, KYC, and Ad tech. It’s our job to ensure work with product, engineering and business teams to deliver data solutions. Right now, the big question we’re trying to solve is: how to keep delivering rigorous analysis for business decisioning and ML-based products (NLP and CV)?
While our team is based all over the region, we are a tight-knit group who are bonded by two things: good technology and good games 🙌). But whether you like to play games or not, we’d be stoked to have you join the fam!
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.