Senior ITBP Finance Data Analyst
Engineering – Infrastructure /
About the Role
As our Senior IT Business Partner (ITBP) Finance Data Analyst, you’ll be an instrumental cog in the Finance IT Business Partner wheel of Gojek. In this role, you'll get to lead the the company’s Finance, Accounting, and Tax (FAT) team in developing, maintaining, and automating various financial processes that provide data required for finance reporting. The Data Warehouse, respective Backend/Product, and ITBP Finance support team will be your companions during this ride. Best yet, you’ll have the opportunity to flex your SQL and Python programming language skills, streamlining and automating our FAT processes so we can better allocate our time to other duties.
What You Will Do
- Gather requirements from users; analyze and recommend solutions for data needs
- Identify, analyze, and interpret patterns in complex data sets to investigate issues, find root causes, and propose solutions
- Develop automation to export/send data to users on regular basis
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics, dashboards, and other technical strategies to optimize reporting efficiency and quality
- Assist the Finance Accounting and Tax team by providing needed data
What You Will Need
- At least 4 years of working experience as a BI Analyst or Data Analyst
- Strong knowledge of/ experience with DBMS (Postgre, MySQL, SQL Server), programming (Python, Java, C#, Ruby), and ETL frameworks (Airflow, Pentaho, Talend)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, and present information with detail and accuracy
- Inquisitive, self-motivated, resourceful, dedicated, and capable to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work at a quick pace and communicate issues clearly
- Comfortable in dealing with, influencing and getting buy-ins from counterparts, end-users, and other stakeholders in day-to-day activities
- Experience working in finance and accounting processes
About the Team
Our Finance IT Business Partner team currently consists of 16 people based in Jakarta (we are also expanding to other locations!). We run Southeast Asia’s leading information technology strategy and implementation, oversee all things finance, and look after a variety of systems, including the Controller team. The gist of our work is to create and manage financial systems, as well as automate financial processes (like how, most recently, our team figured out how to fully automate our reconciliation process!).
We are a tight-knit group made up of folks who love to play soccer, tennis, cook, enjoy reading great books, and getting together to just hang out over coffees or iced-teas. We work hard and play hard, and believe it or not, we actually enjoy each other’s company!
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.