Senior Data Engineer - Streaming
Data – Data Engineering /
About the Role
As GoPay is undergoing exponential growth, our data has followed the same growth curve. Thus, as our Senior Data Engineer, you'll be at the epicenter of one of Southeast Asia's most coveted companies, getting to witness and solve the challenges that come with rapid scaling.
As an integral member of the Data Engineering team, you'll work closely with the Business and Data teams to improve the accessibility & reliability of data while leveraging the largest-scale data processing technologies in the world. With your strong product-oriented vision and "Do It Yourself" mindset, you'll build data products that will deliver, model, and curate data for the entire Gojek Payments platform.
What You Will Do
- Build a highly scalable and fault tolerant data streaming platform to process and analyze a large volume of messages in real time
- Oversee the containerization and deployment of microservices on Kubernetes
- Design and deploy data engineering applications on the Google Cloud platform
- Manage the auto-scaling and monitoring of performances for the Infrastructure using InfluxDB and Grafana (or similar tools)
- Collaborate with the team to ensure service level objectives and agreements are achieved
- Set up Infrastructure as a code using Terraform and Chef
What You Will Need
- At least 5 years of data engineering experience, leading a team and building data engineering applications on a large-scale distributed computing infrastructure in a cloud environment
- In-depth experience in containerization, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to work with large-scale production Kafka clusters
- Experience building real-time streaming applications using Kafka and Flink
- Experience working with Agile methodologies, Test Driven Development and implementing CI/CD pipelines using Gitlab and Docker
- Good knowledge of automating and provisioning infrastructure deployments using Terraform and Chef/Ansible on a cloud platform like GCP
- Experience managing distributed systems like Elasticsearch/MongoDB and a server- less data warehouse like BigQuery or Redshift
About the Team
As GoPay scales rapidly, the need for creating a reliable and scalable data infrastructure becomes increasingly more important. Our Data team is a newly established family, with members stationed across Singapore and India. We’re responsible for running hundreds of instances and deployments across all of our payment products, directly impacting millions of users every single day. Most recently, we've worked on building products that reduce the overall time to model, curate, and access data, streamlining our efficiency and internal processes significantly.
Combating remote work has brought us even closer, with frequent catch-ups over tea and sharing ways we have been keeping ourselves sane. Along with our desire to utilize smart technology and innovative engineering strategies to make people’s lives easier, our team also bonds over our shared love for reading, gaming, and drinking lots of coffee. We work hard and play hard, and believe it or not, we actually enjoy each other’s company!
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.