Senior Engineering Manager (Content Technologies) - GoFood
Engineering – Product Engineering /
About the Role
GoFood is looking for an experienced technologist with a passion & understanding of distributed engineering to lead its Content Management System vertical. Charter for this vertical is to evolve the domain of GoFood content so that it is able to closely mimic the offline content behaviour for a merchant in a self serve manner and to build state of art search and recommendation capabilities on top of the underlying GoFood content.
As vertical lead, you will work with GoFood’s Head of Engineering, Product and Business stakeholders to formulate technology strategies which can provide competitive edge to GoFood. You will work closely with PMs and Tech Leads in Content Management vertical to realise this strategy.
What You Will Do
- Work with the Head of Engineering, Head of Product and other Business stakeholders of GoFood to formulate technology strategies.
- Work with tech leads of teams in GoFood Content Management vertical to deliver resilient technology solutions to achieve business goals.
- Oversee system design, architecture and graceful evolution for various services owned by GoFood CMS vertical.
- Be responsible for overall uptime and availability of GoFood CMS.
- Be responsible for overall delivery timelines of different product initiatives which are part of GoFood CMS.
- Work with GoFood HoE to define products/SOPs which improve the productivity of development teams and drive adoption of the same within CMS vertical and larger Gojek ecosystem.
- Communicate technology and business strategy to all teams in the GoFood CMS vertical.
What You Will Need
- Deep knowledge of system architecture, various technology paradigms and development processes gained by a hands-on approach
- At least 12 years of experience, with at least 5+ in a technology leadership role.
- Comfortable working with a highly distributed team
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Hands on experience with complex project management
- Strong developer empathy. You can represent multiple points of views at the same time; from the perspective of app devs, DevOps, networking, security, etc. to various stakeholders along at the same time.
About the Team
GoFood is the food vertical of Gojek, which enables users to order food from restaurants via its Android and iOS apps. Our team consists of 70+ zealous folks from various disciplines working towards a common mission. As Nasi Goreng is to the people of Indonesia, we are to Gojek: providing the nourishment to sustain our business from the inside out. Our main responsibility is to cater customers with the best possible selection of food at the most affordable price that offers the best user experience to consumers and growth for merchants and drivers. How does one achieve this, you may ask? By collaborating diligently with our consumers/driver partners in an effort to solve their daily problems.
As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal and professional growths, too. Along with a common drive to solve problems, our team bonds over our shared love for tea, movies and TV shows. With WFH becoming more normalized, you best believe we’ve been sharing our favorite ways to prioritize a healthy work-life balance at home (Netflix, anyone?😜).
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.