Software Engineer in Test - Mapan
Engineering – Quality Assurance /
About the Role
Fasten your helmet and climb on board if you’re ready to be our next Software Engineer. In this role, you will be an integral player in the Mapan Product Development team based in Jakarta, Indonesia - a team whose efforts are especially catered to aid lower-income users attain additional income through our platform. You'll maintain product quality pre and post release, and employ TestNG, Selenium, and Appium to bolster and enhance the team's products and deliver best-in-class products. You'll have ample opportunity to employ your technical expertise and clean coding skills to deliver tangible solutions that'll bring a positive socioeconomic impact to all who use our app.
What You Will Do
- Develop the optimal test case and write clean automation test code for that test case
- Gain full knowledge of assigned products and have knowledge of dependent systems interactions
- Ensure software quality and maintainability by implementing software engineering best practices
- Act as a product quality keeper by attending scrum event meeting for identify requirement and analyze the product flow processes
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in a clear and timely fashion about product development status
What You Will Need
- Strong curiosity to identify edge cases and obscure quality issues
- An interest in basic software quality assurance concepts
- Experience conducting automated tests on more than one platform: Mobile Web, Android, iOS or Backend API
- Up to date with language/frameworks such as Java, Maven, and TestNG
- Experience using library: Appium (mobile), Selenium (Web), RestAssured (REST), Apache kafka clients + kafka protobuf serde, Armeria (GRPC)
- Data-oriented with strong SQL skills
- Familiar with DevOps CI/CD process
About the Team
Our Mapan Software Engineer in Test Team, a subsidiary of GoPay, consists of 5 people based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Working alongside the product and engineering teams, we are predominantly concerned with the lower-end user to get additional income (most of them are moms, yes moms!). For instance, if you're interested in technology's role in empowering communities which lead to more fulfilling lives, we are your people! Our team is constantly busy designing and implementing technology that's sole purpose is to make life more efficient for its users.
Work from home has been a strange time for a lot of us, so our team has been taking time on our calls to trade advice on the best ways to keep sane with this new work set up. We're a very close team made up of bookworms, gamers, coffee drinkers, and Netflix watchers. We look out for one another, and work together to get the job done.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.