Product Designer - Marketplace Platform
Design – Design /
About the Role
Roll up your sleeves and get on board if you are ready to be the Senior Product Designer for the Gojek Marketplace Platform. This role would involve working with the Marketplace Platform team to craft the experience for a comprehensive platform product which will be used by enterprises both internal and external to Gojek.
Platformization of Marketplace capabilities is a long term, strategic bet for Gojek, and the Marketplace Platform team plays a pivotal role in this. We're on a journey to evolve and package our capabilities in a way that's easily usable by businesses. A seamless experience for users, while interacting with the Platform, is central to our strategy, and that's where you come in to drive thought leadership from the design perspective.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be working along with product managers, researchers and other business stakeholders to understand the product, user needs, and business use cases to come up with optimal experiences for our users. The core of the product is around t enabling the clients of Marketplace to easily onboard their customers, and being able to leverage the platform to serve millions of their customers with their daily food, transportation and logistics needs. Your support will come in the form of a well-defined narrative, wire-flows, wireframes, information architecture, user journey and/or storyboard. Your designs will directly impact business owners using the Gojek Marketplace platform, and millions of their customers.
What You Will Do
- Connect with the users of the Platform to understand their needs and expectations from the Platform interface/portal
- Help define the design vision that could feed into the Platform product roadmap with the help of the design lead
- Plan and design wireframe/flow for the project/feature you are working on
- Come up with ways to validate the design by taking user feedback early and by collaborating with the Research team as required
- Collaborate and coordinate with interaction designers, copywriters, creatives and business leads to arrive at a holistic product solution
- Work with the design lead, product heads, and engineers to build/improve user experience towards that vision
- Manage projects, solve complex problems, and deliver delightful solutions that drive impact
- Create design documentation & help establish processes to ensure seamless collaboration
- And most importantly, play games & talk about anything and everything with the team during chill-out sessions
What You Will Need
- Design thinking that could help address the need of an Engineer/Business owner/Data scientist as a user. Prior exposure to business facing interfaces used for Platforms will be a huge plus
- Excellent organizational, project management, and collaboration skills to manage a wide range of stakeholders
- Proficiency in product design with extensive and demonstrated expertise in visual hierarchy, layout, and information architecture
- Ability to draw insights from both qualitative & quantitative data, and further identify problem areas to work on
- Ability to learn quickly, teach yourself new skills, and thrive within a complex, fast-paced environment
- Deep empathy and interest in keeping your customer’s point of view in the forefront, constantly bringing questions back to what will serve them best
- Good knowledge in design fundamentals, such as design thinking frameworks, and able to take on a structured approach in solving problems
About the Team
The Gojek Design Team is made up of around a hundred designers spread across two countries and seven teams. Our members come from a wide range of backgrounds, and are experts in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, UX Writing, Illustration, Service Design, UX Research, and Motion Design. Together we envision, create, and support products and services that meaningfully improve the lives of our customers.
We’ve come a long way since 2015, when we were a small central team of 15 designers working to build and support products that were scaling at an unprecedented rate. Since then, we’ve grown with the rest of the organization in bringing to life over 24 different products. Various obstacles presented themselves, from the actual design process, ensuring we weren’t a bottleneck, to fostering a design-based philosophy throughout the company. Since then, we’ve been educating everyone around us on the importance of design, and why it makes sense to start with the users and work backwards. We’ve continuously evolved our design processes, improved the quality of our outcomes, expanded our reach within the organization, and relentlessly advocated for our customers. As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal growth and well-being, too.
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.