Decision Scientist- Customer Analytics- Bangalore
Data – Business Intelligence /
About the Role
This role is for those who enjoy mining insights from the sea of data, building data products, and designing experiments with the ability to see the real-time impact of your contribution. You will get to work with insanely awesome and smart business leads and fellow analysts. Your work will impact how the senior leaders at Gojek shape strategies around millions of customers across South East Asia!
What You Will Do
- Design and analyze experiments
- Perform exploratory data analysis using SQL and R/Python
- Present interesting findings to business stakeholders to drive business and strategic decisions
- Build self-serve data products such as dashboards and tables to reduce time to insights
- Perform advanced analytics when needed (such as building machine learning models using R/Python or data web apps using Shiny/Dash)
What You Will Need
- Should have at least 5 years of practical experience in SQL and R/Python (there will be a technical phone screen to test you on this!)
- Prior experience with applied statistics, experimental design and ML (there will be a technical phone screen to test you on this!)
- Bonus points for prior experience with customer lifetime models, marketplace supply/demand or causal inference methods for campaign effectiveness etc
- Able to tell a coherent data narrative using visualization tools and able to set best practices in data visualization to convey a product insight through impactful graphs
- Proven ability to recognize business needs and ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders including PMs, business and operations
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
About the Team
The Customer Analytics team uses experimentation and advanced analytics to help Gojek understand and best serve its customers. The team has been involved in creating the best practices and tools for running experiments at Gojek, created the user journey framework that is used company-wide, and built machine learning models to help the business teams bring back churned customers and retaining users.
Some blog posts we have written about our team’s work:
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.